No announcement yet.

Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That thing is looking good. I understand that getting heavy thing. I used my cherry picker this last time to put the cage back in. I had to put in a 10' stick of 2X2 to get the reach.
    I drove mine yesterday for the first time since the tear down. It was awesome. I bet you are going to have a chubby the first time you drive yours since it has been so long.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• looks good Tony.. getting closer!!!
      A
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• That is starting to look really good... I'm going to borrow a couple of your ideas for the seat tie-ins.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

• Looks tits Tony...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Thanks guys.
            Marc-
            Chubby, I think chubby covers it. I just don't have the cherry picker to help with the removal and re-install. All I have is man power and beer.
            Ordered the DIY bed liner today. Went with the the Raptor liner. Do that when I pull the cage to weld it up.
            See you guys at the party.
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Allright. More progress. welded up the brackets for the radius arms with the new joints. Turned out pretty good. Flexed it in the garage with a jack and all looked good. Have to find something bigger to flex it out on.

Pic's
              Attached Files
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• After I moved the steering box forward I had to deal with the radiator hitting the box. Used a peice of angle iron under the radiator to move the radiator over 1/2". Re drilled the fan shroud mounting holes to move it back 1/2". With the radiator moved 1' forward I had to extend the fan shroud back 1" to put the fan back into the shroud. Would have been easier to put a bigger spacer between the fan and the pully but I already have a 2" spacer.
                Turned out OK I guess.

Pic's, lots of pic's.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Your project is coming along nicely... What type of fan are you running?
                  Your radius arms look like they'll work out well. Hopefully I'll get to see it all flexed out on the trail one day.

Keep it up and you'll be driving yours soon.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

• I'm using a fixed pitch fan I got from BC Broncos. We'll see how it works when I get out on the road. Now the battery is dead .
                    Trying to finish up some sliders I started a while back. Took some xtra 2x4x1/4" I had and welded it together to make 2x8 sliders. Like Aaron said, "Man that's a lot of welding". Allot more than I thought when I started. One good thing I guess, I'll have a 1/2" bulkhead running the length of the slider. Should be plenty strong.
                    Here's some semi focused pic's.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Yeah thats alot of welding but at least welding is FUN!

Comment

• Finnaly installed the power boster I got from Delta. Did a little clean up and paint.
                        Before and after pic's
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Streeeeched the wheel tubs today. Boy was that fun .
                          Have a little more work to do, like figure out the gas fill neck, any ideas? And some more welding. Once this is done in goes the Raptor liner.
                          Here's the pic's.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Lookin good Bro. I'm jealous.
                            Vacaville, Ca
                            67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Looking really good Tony.
                              I was going to get creative with my gas filler and move it way back on the fender but decided to keep it in the stock location. I had planned to keep it about the same height but just move it back to near the rear body seam. Didn't happen...
                              There's always the "filler on a spring" system that WH's Nitemare uses. It is what I will do if I ever reinstall my auxilary tank.

Keep it up and you'll be driving yours before you know it.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

• After talking with Aaron I'm thinking about his idea. Use a flush mount boat gas cap assembly. It takes a special key so my gas is semi secure (I have neighborhood petroleum procurment agents pulling the graveyard shift in my "HOOD"). And they come with a straight or 45 degree on the neck where the hose to the tank connects. Just have to find one that's vented or run a seperate vent. There's allways the spring thing though.

Comment

Working...
                                X