No announcement yet.

Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a pic of why I moved the cap to the side instead of above the tail light.
    Cut the hole to find out there was no room. Good thing I have plenty of sheet metal from what I've cut away over the past few days.
    Attached Files
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Moved the tank back about 3". I don't have the bodi lift tank so the fuel inlet hit the cross member before the tank was all the way up to the bed. Decided to make a new cross member and move it back as well. It will be about 3" to the rear as well. Since I have a 3" bodi lift I decided to take advantage of the room above the frame. Wont be taking out the blocks to lower this pig like marc did.
      Should have the crossmember, the tank and what ever I'm forgetting buttoned up tommorow.
      Pic's
      Attached Files
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Dude, Nice Work.. Love The New Avatar,boy Your Back Yard Is Really Lush!!!! Do You Fertalize???? Miricle Grow????
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

• Lots of miracle grow and water

Comment

• Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
            Here's a pic of why I moved the cap to the side instead of above the tail light.
            Cut the hole to find out there was no room. Good thing I have plenty of sheet metal from what I've cut away over the past few days.
            Nobody will ever be the wiser... Too bad that didn't work because it sure was a cool idea. Are you ever planning to run a hard top? If not, maybe the filler could go in the stake pocket with a little coaxing?

-Tony
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

• .....boy Your Back Yard Is Really Lush!!!!....
              I thought that was a vacation pic. Camping in Mendicino or Humboldt county?
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Looks good man, and I love the new crossmember. That should work great.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                  I thought that was a vacation pic. Camping in Mendicino or Humboldt county?
                  You gotta love the coastal mountains for...... Lush Greenery..
                  I'm sure allot of medicinal marijuana card holders that can't deal with the stresses of life where a little upset about that little outing.

Comment

• Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                    Looks good man, and I love the new crossmember. That should work great.
                    Thanks bud. Should be buttoned up tommorow.

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1776 View Post
                      Nobody will ever be the wiser... Too bad that didn't work because it sure was a cool idea. Are you ever planning to run a hard top? If not, maybe the filler could go in the stake pocket with a little coaxing?

-Tony
                      I'll be using either a hard or a soft top depending on my mood or the weather.
                      I just have to prep and paint the hard top in my backyard.

Comment

• Looks good Tony! Keep up the good work. I've been gone a while so bear with me if you've already explained this, but are you moving your crossmember and gas tank back to make more room to move the rear axle back?

Comment

• Looks great Tony!
                          68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Eventualy I want to link the rear end and gain a little more wheel base (about 3"). Since I'm going to spray in a bed liner I figured I better do all the mods now. Don't want to have to remove bed liner and then try and respray the removed area.
                            Didn't want to do the cross member now. One thing led to another, stretch the wheel wells had to move the filler back. Move the filler back had to move the tank back. Move the tank-the crossmember. Vicious cycle. One less thing to worry about I guess.
                            Welcome home?

Comment

• Looks awesome dude...must be working through the night. You didn't skim some of the "take" in your avatar tic to get yourself through the night did you?
                              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• I was carring out 100 pound bundles at a time. Must have made 20 trips in and out after we secured the site. I still find buds in my gear, although not by design. If I was "smokin the refer" I'd probably wind up eatin cheetos and starring at my rig from a comfy chair. Don't forget the beer, can't forget the beer .

Comment

Working...
                                X