No announcement yet.

Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was thinking of using an unvented cap and putting it in the rear of the fenderwell inside the truck. Then putting a small boat vent somewhere high on the outer fender. Too much time to think about this sh*t. I think that may be easiest next to the spring thing.

Thoughts?
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• I have always thought that right above the tail light would be a good place for the filler. That way it is close to where it started life, but it is out of harms way since it is on the back of the tub, and not the side. Now if you could sneek it down behind the tail light, inside the stake pocket, it would be cool, but I think with the one you posted you could route it into the tub and then down to the tank.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Just my over cautious self thinking out loud here but would there be a problem with gas and electrical being so close together if you put it behind the tail light?
        Vacaville, Ca
        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawkfan View Post
          Just my over cautious self thinking out loud here but would there be a problem with gas and electrical being so close together if you put it behind the tail light?
          Not if the wires didn't short out, and cause a spark
          I wouldn't think that there would be a problem, if the hot lead was to ground out on the filler, it would blow the fuse before it could burn through. The other thing is that if there were fumes in that area, you would be smelling it inside the bronco.
          Marc D.

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander View Post
            It would be really trick if you could put the tail light on a hinge and have the filler behind it.
            That reminds me of my dad's '56 Chevy Bel Air. It comes stock like that!
            Kyle
            Aptos
            1967 EB, 5.8, AOD, Stak 5.22, 37's, Dana44/9" w/ARBs 5.13s, 3.5" WH SL, 2" BL, 4wheel disc hydroboost, wristed.

Comment

• I think I'll have to have a couple O drinks while looking my options over. Be real nice if I could somehow squeeze it in above the tail light. If you look at the pic of the driverside you'll notice an antena mount above the wheel well. I was thinking of mounting it there in the exsisting hole and running it through the rear of the wheel well. Maybe bend some 2" exhaust tube for the inside of the truck and use rubber hose underneath. Weld the tube were it passes through the wheel well. Make any sense?
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• I was lazy and just used the stainless flexable radiator hose, some rubber couplers, and some clamps. I pushed the neck up into the cubby hole and self tapped the filler neck flange to the wheel well pinch molding. Not the best, but will last long enough for me.
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• I can check, I may have a long filler neck in the garage. I will post picks tonight if I do.

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                  I think I'll have to have a couple O drinks while looking my options over. Be real nice if I could somehow squeeze it in above the tail light. If you look at the pic of the driverside you'll notice an antena mount above the wheel well. I was thinking of mounting it there in the exsisting hole and running it through the rear of the wheel well. Maybe bend some 2" exhaust tube for the inside of the truck and use rubber hose underneath. Weld the tube were it passes through the wheel well. Make any sense?
                  Marc D.

Comment

• Cool.
                    Didn't you once say that you could bend exhaust tubing?
                    Last edited by blwngsket; 11-15-2007, 05:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                      I think I'll have to have a couple O drinks while looking my options over. Be real nice if I could somehow squeeze it in above the tail light. If you look at the pic of the driverside you'll notice an antena mount above the wheel well. I was thinking of mounting it there in the exsisting hole and running it through the rear of the wheel well. Maybe bend some 2" exhaust tube for the inside of the truck and use rubber hose underneath. Weld the tube were it passes through the wheel well. Make any sense?
                      Just remember that if the angle of the dangle doesn't promote a free flow the pumping of gas is a pain in the ass.

I kill myself.
                      Last edited by seahawkfan; 11-15-2007, 07:43 AM.
                      Vacaville, Ca
                      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Well, it wouldn't be as easy as a walk in the park, but I don't think it would be terribly difficult to put this in either. It is a stock bronco filler, I think for the front tank. If I was going to have a tank under my bronco, I definately would think about putting this in there. It is yours if you want it.
                        Attached Files
                        Marc D.

Comment

• If a man could run that down the post behind the tail light that would be cool. I like it. I'll be home on sunday morn. Get me a number and I'll call you.

Comment

• Started relocating the gas cap and filler. Can't put it above the tail light. Bolts for tailgate assembly are in the way. Put it on the side. Thanks again marc for the filler tube .
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Here's some pic's installed. Gonna be tight for the light assembly but should fit. May just go with L E D's and save the headache and room.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good man. Glad I could help. I've been packing that thing around since I lived in New Mexico. I knew someday someone would need it.
                                Marc D.

Comment

Working...
                                X