Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
    I picked up a set of 8 bolt H1 beadlocks from ebay and dropped them off at Dean Reeds for a re center and rock rings. These didn't come with run flats so dean gave me a set of 4. Didn't try and sell me his latest version (which is pretty slick) just wished me luck with modifying the originals. Really cool dude.
    No pic's of the rims yet, just the runflats and mods, and yes , magnesium really does burn .
    Sweet! So what did you end up using to cut them with? You probably thought that I was crazy when I told you to make sure you have a fire extinguisher on hand.

Comment

• Yeah when I cut my run flats, I used a grinder. Didn’t have a problem then, but when I was cutting metal in the same area I found out real quickly where there was some magnesium hiding! Always have an extinguisher handy!!
      WT 4x4
      91' One Ton Bronco
      1971 Bronco
      9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

• The first one I used a sawz all for the whole job. The second one I first used a hole saw between all of the ribs and then the sawz all for the ribs, much faster. It wasn't untill I was grinding down the the cuts that I had a small fire situation. While grinding I made contact with one of the bolts that holds the run flat together and FLASH, All the dust and cuttings that were on my right leg went up . Neighbors probably got a kick out of me doing a fire dance and beating the hell out of myself. Good thing it wasn't my crotch.
        Small holes in a new pair of coveralls, looks like back to Denios to find another pair. At least the house is still standing.

1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Looks good OT! You are going to have some awesome wheels under your rig.

I was welding the steering box brace to my Bronco's frame recently, and I (stupidly) had an old ratty flannel shirt (used as a rag) laying around that was a bit too close to the sparks. Under the welding helmet I didn't see the flames but I could smell something burning. I flipped the helmet up and sure enough - a flaming flannel was UNDER my Bronco. I was able to grab it and toss it outside quickly enough, then I stamped it out.

I've since become a lot more diligent in keeping the work area clean when welding and grinding...
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

• .....and FLASH, All the dust and cuttings that were on my right leg went up . Neighbors probably got a kick out of me doing a fire dance and beating the hell out of myself.....
            Now, I'd pay cold hard cash to see that happen live! Seriously though, glad to hear you didn't get hurt or burn down your house.
            Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
            I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

I picked up a set of 8 bolt H1 beadlocks from ebay and dropped them off at Dean Reeds for a re center and rock rings. These didn't come with run flats so dean gave me a set of 4. Didn't try and sell me his latest version (which is pretty slick) just wished me luck with modifying the originals. Really cool dude.
              No pic's of the rims yet, just the runflats and mods, and yes , magnesium really does burn .
              It does burn. When I was on the Kittyhawk we kept buckets of sand on the decks under the flight deck for the magnesium in the breaks on the planes. They considered it a class D fire because it takes special means to put it out. The sand melts and turns to glass and smuthers the fire.

Comment

• Picked up my rims from Dean today. Turned out pretty sweet . Now I just need some tires.
                Attached Files
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Picked up my rims from Dean today. Turned out pretty sweet . Now I just need some tires.

Those look great.. I wish i went that way ..

A
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• Hey, I could hook you up with a guy selling some 35" MTR's.
                    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• I'm thinking 39's

Comment

• Sweet wheels Tony!
                        Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

• Nice wheels Tony... Can't wait to see them with some tires.
                          39" wheels on stock width axles? Sounds tippy... it'll definitely look awesome though.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

• I had the back space set at 3", old rims were 3.5" and if I need to I can put some spacers in there. Besides, how much height do you lose when you air down to 5 or so psi? Eventually I will have full width on this rig anyway, just a matter of time.

OT

Comment

• Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
                              Yeah when I cut my run flats, I used a grinder. Didn’t have a problem then, but when I was cutting metal in the same area I found out real quickly where there was some magnesium hiding! Always have an extinguisher handy!!
                              When you cut down your runflats did you have to narrow them? If so how much?

Comment

• Ordered the tires today. Bought a set of 39.5 Pitbull Maddogs. Should see em in a week or so. Get some pics once I mount them up.
                                Man, I love spending money

Comment

Working...
                                X