Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
    Gonna see if I wind up having bump steer, but I'll probably end up moving the drag link onto the tie rod. Place the saddle in line with the track bar mount right?

Tony
    In a perfect world, it would be same length, same angle. That way they would travel in the same arch as the suspension goes up and down.
    Last edited by earlybronco72; 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

That's what I thought.
      Thanks
      T
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
        One way to kind of see if you will have bumpsteer is to remove the shocks, put the tires on the ground, and bounce the front suspension. If the steering wheel moves more than a little there is a good chance you will have bumpsteer. Mine moves a little, but I don't have bumpsteer.
        Marc
        I know you don't have your camera handy but do you have a pic of your steering handy? Since you and I have the same set up I'd like to see what yours looks like. I'm assuming that your drag link doesn't extend all the way to the pass side knuckle.
        Tony
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
          Gonna see if I wind up having bump steer, but I'll probably end up moving the drag link onto the tie rod. Place the saddle in line with the track bar mount right?

Tony
          Yeah, like Marc said. Ideally you want your trac bar and drag link to be the same length and parallel to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
            Yeah, like Marc said. Ideally you want your trac bar and drag link to be the same length and parallel to each other.
            Nope, no pictures of the front end. The wife gets home on Sunday, maybe I could have a pic for you on Monday.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Out of town till then, thanks
              Tony

Comment

Did a little more work on the cage this morning. Had 3 days off and this is all I could get done.. SAD....

Tony
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice work!
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

That is the best tube that I have ever seen! Nice work putting it in. Looks great.

Comment

• That looks good... You keep DOing projects that I keep THINKing about doing. Keep it up, it keeps me motivated.

O.T.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

• Thanks T, I Wish I could get to the part where I drive it.. ALOT... I also wish I could get to the part where it is as pretty as yours.
                        It's your paint and body progress that keeps me motivated.
                        O.T.

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                          That is the best tube that I have ever seen! Nice work putting it in. Looks great.
                          Yea bud,
                          That peice of tube seemed to cut and notch itself. By far the BEST peice of tube I think I've ever worked with ( don't go there )
                          By the way, how's that tailgate and the trailer project?

Comment

• Looks great Tony, at least your driving yours. I drove mine on and off the exhaust rack and that was it! Hopefully I figure something out on it this weekend. BTW had another CT and the fistula still hasn't healed. This is never going to end!
                            Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

• Hang tuff bro.

Comment

• More cage stuff. Put in some door bars, kept them short to keep it easy to get in and out. welded in the harness mounts. I think it's done for now, just pull it out and weld it up. Think I might extend the rear wheel wells and do a spray in bed liner at the same time. No sense pullin the cage twice. Besides, with all the tube I've added this thing is gettin heavy.
                                As allways here's some pics.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X