No announcement yet.

Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks really good Tony. I may have to do something like that. Oh wait, what I really need to do is get off my lazy butt and put in the 4X4X2 box that I have had in my garage for ever.
    One thing that you may think about doing is putting some tube in the box where the bolt goes through. I think over time you may end up fighting a bolt that keeps coming loose as that box compresses. Just a thought.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

We'll see. Still have to tilt the box forward some. Might have to move the radiator over to the side a bit.
      Tony
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
        That looks really good Tony. I may have to do something like that. Oh wait, what I really need to do is get off my lazy butt and put in the 4X4X2 box that I have had in my garage for ever.
        One thing that you may think about doing is putting some tube in the box where the bolt goes through. I think over time you may end up fighting a bolt that keeps coming loose as that box compresses. Just a though
        Was looking at that. Put a brace inside to try and fight that. Didn't have any tube for it at the time. Might have to get some and take care of it now.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
          Was looking at that. Put a brace inside to try and fight that. Didn't have any tube for it at the time. Might have to get some and take care of it now.
          I saw the brace, and thought that was what it was for. It may work, but I know the tube will work.
          Marc D.

Comment

I hear ya bro. What's the hold up on the 4x4x2 box? Too much on yer plate?

Comment

I hear ya bro. What's the hold up on the 4x4x2 box? Too much on yer plate?
              Pretty much lazy, and then when I do get ambition it is put somewhere else. I just pulled the front clip off of my bronco in anticipation of removing the body lift when the wife leaves next week. Hopefully while she is gone, I will get the bodylift removed, rear inner fenders reworked, and a new cage built. We will see if it happens. She is going to be gone for almost two weeks. I will post pics soon.
              Marc D.

Comment

That looks really good Tony. I like the "thinking outside of the box" on your design. Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                  Nice work Tony,

That's pretty innovative use of the box tube you had. I know how it goes when you're frustrated, but it looks like it worked out ok.

Thanks, it just came to me. Hope it works. Should be plenty strong, couple of gussets to weld on and another bolt hole.
                  Were you at with the linking of the rig?

Thanks patrick. had to do something or else my steering would have been toast after the first obsticle. how's the trailer project going?
                  Last edited by blwngsket; 09-29-2007, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks, it just came to me. Hope it works. Should be plenty strong, couple of gussets to weld on and another bolt hole.
                    Were you at with the linking of the rig?

Thanks patrick. had to do something or else my steering would have been toast after the first obsticle. how's the trailer project going?
                    I'm still gathering parts for the trailer. POPS found me a nice axle and pintle hitch. I think this will be a nice winter project so come spring time, I've got a trailer to haul all of the camping/fishing equipment in.

Comment

.....Were you at with the linking of the rig?
                      I'm making progress, slowly, but progress non the less. Today was my first day off in the last 14, too much other stuff to do, but there will be some new pic's soon.
                      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Finished the new steering box bracket last night and installed. Moved the box way forward, up about 2.5" or so. Also fixed the forward lean it had originally and put a piece of tube in for the bolt to pass through. I also moved the radiator about 1/2" towards the pass side. looks like I may need another 1/4" or so. Now onto finishing up the radius arms.
                        Tony

So here you go...Pics..
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by blwngsket; 10-04-2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

you made tht bracket? that the best one i have ever seen....
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

THX

Comment

Thats the 2wd box right?

besides not hitting it ... what are the benifits of having the box so high?? does the drag link hook up? and what does your steering angle look like now??

plus that box is SAAAHHHWHEAT! (again)
                              {o===o}
                              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                              Originally posted by CityHick
                              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                                Thats the 2wd box right?

besides not hitting it ... what are the benifits of having the box so high?? does the drag link hook up? and what does your steering angle look like now??

plus that box is SAAAHHHWHEAT! (again)
                                One of the benifits that he got from this is the clearance to run the tierod on the top of the knuckle. I'm not sure Tony is taking advantage to the second benifit, but if you are running a body lift, this will ease the angle on the input shaft to the steering shaft.
                                Marc D.

Comment

Working...
                                X