Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More of "Start This Before I Finish That"
    Bought some High flex Rod Ends and brackets from Poly Performance. Shipped in One day (nice).
    These will replace the studs and rubber dog-nuts on my WH Ext. Radius arms.
    Tony

Pics
    Attached Files
    Last edited by blwngsket; 12-22-2012, 04:31 PM.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Went to see Phil to do these arms right. Couldn't get one of the joints to come apart. Waiting on the tool (Tool ). Should be here today. Gonna be saweet!
      Have a look see.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by blwngsket; 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket
        Went to see Phil to do these arms right. Couldn't get one of the joints to come apart. Waiting on the tool (Tool ). Should be here today. Gonna be saweet!
        Have a look see.
        Looking good there Tony!
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Those cam out great! Can't wait to see them installed!

Comment

blwngsket - I thought about doing that when (read "if") I ever push the front forward . Those turned out great, like crawling said " can't wait to see them installed

FM <><
            72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
            1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
              blwngsket - I thought about doing that when (read "if") I ever push the front forward . FM <><
              The idea's keep coming...dam i thought i was done

nice set up definitely
              this is the last mod i promise
              www.hoblitmotors.com

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
                blwngsket - I thought about doing that when (read "if") I ever push the front forward . Those turned out great, like crawling said " can't wait to see them installed

FM <><
                I want to push things forward but with the f 100 box hanging so low i think all I'll get is maybe 3/4" if lucky.
                Dont feel like ripping out the steering at this point. I've waited soo long to get it on the road. Like I said, Start This Before I Finish That.
                Be at work untill Sunday. Hope to have install pics on Monday.
                Tony

Comment

Originally posted by hobzbronc
                  dam i thought i was done

Don't kid yourself......these things are NEVER done.

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket
                    Have a look see.
                    Ive welded quiet a few of the RE Super-Flex joints and have not had a problem with the threads. I feel it is better to weld the joint without the threaded insert installed due to less chance of galling of the two different materials and the plating on the insert. You do have to watch your heat though, too much and you will be out of round and cause a whole other problem. Just and FYI. Looks good though!
                    1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

The problem was that we could not take the joint apart before welding. 3 turns and then it froze up. Spit out a little bit of the thread as it finally came apart. Phil finished up the last of it this morning, install this weekend.
                      Tony

Comment

Quick update:
                        Putting high flex joints on my WH arms has opened up a huge can O worms. Tried to move the front end forward and found a bit of a problem. When I tried to stuff the driverside tire my tie rod hit my pitman arm pretty quick. Not good.
                        Now I have cut my front support and moved the radiator forward 1", and am trying to fab a new bracket to raise the F 100 box about 2". I was just about done and now the whole front end and steering is ripped out.
                        Driving me crazy. Sorry no pics. If I had my camera out there I may have thrown it at the truck rather than take pictures.
                        Pic's soon
                        Tony
                        I need a Beer
                        Last edited by blwngsket; 09-28-2007, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                          If I had my camera out there I may have thrown it at the truck rather than take pictures.
                          I certainly know that feeling...
                          Every project on an EB seems to open a can of worms but I was already in that mode for the 5 years before I got my Bronco - my previous project was my "1972 3 bed/2ba".

Go drink a couple beers, it helps...

OT
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Managed to avoid throwing the camera at the rig today. Finished up the Radiator support and started on the steering box bracket. Hope to have the bracket done today.
                            Tony
                            Attached Files

Comment

Did some work on the bracket for my steering. This is what I have so far. Leans back a little too far. Think I'll have to fix that. Moved the box forward 1.5".
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice work Tony,

That's pretty innovative use of the box tube you had. I know how it goes when you're frustrated, but it looks like it worked out ok.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                                I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X