No announcement yet.

Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used .035 and 75-25 mix. I ended up "Fab" welding it with a series of spot welds. No burn throughs and looked good enough. Tony, I still have that 5 pound bolttle of Argon. You can keep it as long as you need. Just have it filled with 75-25 and get a cheapo regulator. I am up in Citrus Heights every weekend and can bring it with me. I'll bring it up this weekend if you want me too. I pass through Elk Grove at about 7AM Saturday and head back through Sunday at about 4pm.
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• That would be great. Sunday would be best. Have a new cell # 916)956-0619. Call me. Appreciate the bottle loan bud.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• OK. It's in my truck. You can call me if something changes at 209-403-3238. Email me your addy at carlt@phenixinc.com that way your address will go to my phone.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Well I welded together my Ballistic adjustable coil mounts and mounted the springs on the rear end. Thats right, my rig is now supporting it's own weight. Cromo Spool is in. Cryo'd 31 spline cromo axles are in. Rear disc brakes are on. It's getting real close. Can you say down to the wire?
          Sorry, no pic's yet. Having big computer problems at home . Have to use the work computer or my cell phone to get on line now. I'll get something up when I get things sorted out.
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Good news Tony! get it done so we can go play
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Sweet! Sounds like you're almost ready to rock!!

Comment

• Sounds good OT... Are you happy with the way the Duff 4-link kit went together? Did they give good instructions or was there a fair amount of on-the-fly engineering involved? Just thinking ahead...
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

• Very happy with the ease of installation. No on the fly engineering needed. You could figure this kit out and install it without the instructions, no problem. Kinda surprised at how easy it was. Like I said, the hardest part is cutting off the old brackets. If I only had a plasma cutter.

Comment

• Here's a couple of pic's. Like the way the ballistic cups turned out. Nice to be able to raise the rear end and level it if the cargo gets a bit heavy. Gotta pretty good departure angle too.
                    Pic's
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great Tony! How are you planning to mount your shocks? Are shock mounts part of the Duff kit? Or are you going to custom make your own?

Comment

• That looks really good. I like that the coil mounts are adjustable... Can't wait to see it all flexed up somewhere! The departure angle is great too.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                          Looks great Tony! How are you planning to mount your shocks? Are shock mounts part of the Duff kit? Or are you going to custom make your own?

The kit comes with 2 shocks and the mounts for them. It's an inboard hoop between the frame rails. Instead of using the Duff's shox I'm going to use 2 RS 9000's that I have laying around. Be nice to stiffen up the shox when I need to.

Comment

• Looks good! You ready to rock yet?
                            Vacaville, Ca
                            67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• look awesome T
                              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

• Built my Y pipe today. this is as far as I got before I sucked the 5 pound bottle dry.
                                Used Ricks torch to try and smooth out the transition inside the pipe where everything comes together.
                                Should work. pic's in place tommorow
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X