No announcement yet.

Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many more things can you do before you drive it? Get on the road!! Ohh by the way nice work..

Aaron
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• hey tony,something must be wrong i shaved my rearend once and it didnt look like that

Comment

• Looks good Tony... I'll refrain from making any comments about shaved rears.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

• Just for info.
          I can't really see mine but I'm told it doesn't need a shave .
          Just throwin it out there.
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Ass end looks good 'bro! now get back out there, two months away. If you want/need help post up. You buy the beer and we are there
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
              Ass end looks good 'bro! now get back out there, two months away. If you want/need help post up. You buy the beer and we are there
              If he will just finish up what he has started he will be fine.. BUT NO.. Tonys got to do everything at once.. Looks good bro just drive it..

A
              KK6DAD
              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• Looks sweet Tony. Hopefully you can take this in August instead of the FJ again.
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                  If he will just finish up what he has started he will be fine.. BUT NO.. Tonys got to do everything at once..
                  Must be a Tony thing... I suffer from the same affliction - get it close then tear something else apart. I can see how these Broncos often become garage shelves.

-The Other Tony
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

• This will have to be it for a while. Just about out of Bronco money. Just waiting to see how long the rear drive shaft will have to be when I stretch this thing out.
                    Rick, I allways have beer in the garage fridge.
                    Last edited by blwngsket; 06-26-2008, 02:05 AM.
                    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Spent the day grinding and cutting sh!t off of the frame today . By the time I was done I looked like I'd been workin in the coal mines all day . At least the part I was dreading is done now. Can't get back to it untill Monday.
                      Here's some less than exciting pic's.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Cutting crap off the frame is never fun.
                        Not to bring up a sore subject... but I thought you sold your old wheels and tires a while ago. I see at least one or two of them in the background. If you still have them around I may be interested again in a couple months. I went into tire sticker shock after Monday's adventures in tire damage. $205 a pop for BFG ATs in LT285/75/16 for my truck! I can only imagine what they get for 35s and up nowadays. Fuggin inflation!
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

• Look'n good Tony. Grinding off the old brackets does suck! So are you going to move the rear axle back while you are installing it? How far back are you going?

Comment

• At least 4" but I think I can get more. Have to see it with tires on before I melt the brackets on.

And Tony, I do still have those tires and rims. I'm in no big rush to sell them. I'm sure someone will need a good set of tires and rims eventually, and by now everyone knows that I have these.

Comment

• Been lagging on this. Put in about 2-3 hours today and got to this point. With the rear end in this location my wheelbase is 98.5". Tires aren't quite centered in the opening, should have waited to cut the openings until now but oh well. What you think, leave it here or move it slightly forward and center the tire in the opening.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Leave it where it is. You'll like the extra wb on the trail. Your going through all the work so get the most out of it.
                                67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                                69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                                69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                                79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                                67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                                X