• Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Your cage looks awesome dude! Very nice work.

Comment

I like your comment - done... for now. Always gotta qualify "done" when used to describe any Bronco project!

The cage is looking great though... I like it.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

So what are your plans for this coming weekend. I may have some time to get away if you are going to be working on it. I would like to see it in person.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Superbowl party. Wont be home until Monday afternoon. Have the next Saturday off though. Saturday afternoon or Sunday would good. I was gonna see if you could come over with those ramps of yours. Like to use em to help with setting up the lower shock mounts. See where things are when flexed.
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Spent the day B S n with Justin, and doin some more work on the cage. Just have to weld it all up now.
              Attached Files
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Hmmmmmm...not be the "nay sayer'; but, it looks like you might have a clearence issue between the back of the cage and the bottom of your garage door. I am sure it's an optical illusion though.

Brad
                Brad
                Chico, Ca.

Comment

it was definatly close, like 1/16 from hitting the garage, I had to sit on the tailgate to compress the springs enough to get it out. So once his bumper and spare tire go on it will be all good.
                  72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                    it was definatly close, like 1/16 from hitting the garage, I had to sit on the tailgate to compress the springs enough to get it out. So once his bumper and spare tire go on it will be all good.
                    Man, you must have gained some weight. That tire and wheel alone is like 200 lbs.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                      Also had to let the air out of the tires.

Comment

Looks good, I see what you were talking about
                        68 Slightly modified
                        67 LUBR once again
                        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Cool, I like the "Atari" bar's as the spreaders.
                          Mark Harris
                          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Do you think it needs another little brace here? Seems like if the cage took a hit on the rear upper corner, the two upper spreader bars would want to bend toward each other until they touched in the middle. I don't know, just thinking out loud here. What do you think?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                              Cool, I like the "Atari" bar's as the spreaders.
                              Justin and I thought it looked like a martini glass.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                                Do you think it needs another little brace here? Seems like if the cage took a hit on the rear upper corner, the two upper spreader bars would want to bend toward each other until they touched in the middle. I don't know, just thinking out loud here. What do you think?
                                Couldn't hurt. Better safe than sorry.
                                Vacaville, Ca
                                67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Working...
                                X