Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Cool Tony, I see what you mean with the exhaust, tight fit. I will believe it runs when I see/hear it myself
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Don't think you will need a heater now. That exhaust is tucked way up ther. Nice work all around.
      Vacaville, Ca
      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Maybe I missed it but what size muffler is that?

Comment

It's a universal MagnaPak. Inlet and outlet are 2 1/4"ID. Had it flared out a little to fit snug in my pipes. It was the only one they had in that size at the time, had to make it work. Overall length is 20" and muffler body is 14". The part number is 10415. For it's size it's surprisingly quiet with a nice rumble. Pretty happy with it after the first run .
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by seahawkfan View Post
            Don't think you will need a heater now. That exhaust is tucked way up ther. Nice work all around.

There's actually a fair amount of space between the exhaust and the floor. That doesn't mean that I'm not wrapping the exhaust in heat wrap.
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Figured since I have a tube bender in my garage I may as well stretch my legs a bit with it and bend something.
              Decided to do a halo for the rear section of my roll cage. This is the first time I've ever used a bender so I'm pretty happy with the turn out. Finish it up tomorrow.
              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like that old HF notcher is going to get a workout. Looking good man.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

That is sweet man! Bending stuff is fun, huh? Can't wait to see it done.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                    That is sweet man! Bending stuff is fun, huh? Can't wait to see it done.
                    Fun? At first I was worried I was gonna have a bunch of bends I couldn't do anything with. That bending article on Pirate really simplified the process and works really well. Didn't make one bad bend. Could be luck, we'll see tomorrow.

Comment

Got some more done on the cage. I truly hate notching tube . Had to cut it short for a nite of poker. Wish me luck. Poppa needs parts.....
                      Here's some pics
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice work!!!
                        70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Looks Good!!!!!

A
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I like it man... looks good!
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

look'n good T look'n good
                              72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Was sick Sunday night and Monday morning. Got back to the cage in the afternoon. Couple more gussets to go and it's done.... For now..
                                Pic's....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X