Project: chopped70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working fast as usual...
    I painted my top and cowl peices. Installed 3/4's of the floor and am now setting up the seat position again, since I lowered the floor 4" or so. I should have the tunnel done and floor finished, tank mounted and sheetmetal covering the rear space, seats mounted and rocker plates cutout or at least the templates ready within the next two weeks.
    I mocked up my fenders and will have to do some extensive bodywork to repair them. I got a little carried away when I was trimming them to fit around the tubes..plus I have been stomping on them while working on other things. Next time I'll use straight sheetmetal in the first place.
    Attached Files
    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Looking good, hope it's done soon.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product. Now get back to work! he he.

Comment

More pics!! Looks good!!
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

This Bronco is gonna be one of a kind when it's done.

Galen
            Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
            I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Coming together nicely...

Also, the previous city pic of the chassis with the JAG in the back ground is priceless...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

finally got it out of the garage.
                I redid the front links/mounts and will do the same with the rear. Now I have a flat belly. The rear link frame mounts will be the same batwing as the front and pushed up two inches or so. As is, bottomed out I am at 21.75" to the lowest point of my belly(front link crossmember).
                Final height will be 4-6" taller.
                Oh and the rear will sit raked higher so the top of the cage will be parrellel to the ground, giving it a cool stance.
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! So when are we going to see that beast on the trails?

Comment

Ahhhh....2010 when all we have is hybrids/electric cars and all recreational land is offlimits.

But in reality .....1-3 months for sure this time. I have to beat my brother to the trail.

Comment

out of curiousity, what is your brother building?
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

69crawler
                        We have to post up some new pics. He has had alot of progress since the last pics. Basicly, the whole body, boatsides and chassis is done. All thats left is the littles stuff and mounting his shocks. Hopefully mine looks as good as his when its done, but thats I high bar to shoot for.

Comment

woo its lookin good man... if ya want to test it out soon hollister would be a cool place to go... and wat do ya kno i think im going there in aug...

the cage on my truck is sick.. thanks again for it
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I not sure what to do.
                            I just high lifted the front up to see how everything moves, and besides my driveshaft hitting my lower link I am getting pretty bad axle shift from the panhard bar. I can't tell if its any worse than before because I probably have more travel now than with the coils I used to run. Plus, it wasn't noticable since I never really had both sides at full droop on the trail.
                            So I am debating cutting out the panhard bar and stock front crossmember to put in a 4-link truss. With that I can eliminate the axle shift and use the truss as support for the hydro ram hoop, simaler to 69crawlers.
                            Unfortunatly, I would have to run my upper arms from the out side of the frame staight till the frame kicks up and roughly 45* in to the truss right around the oil pan. Or outboard the uppers onto the middle of my boatsides and run a straight link to the axle. At full lock there is plenty of clearance between the tires and the frame.
                            Any ideas???

Comment

Well I added a remote short shifter for the tranny and have my dash/console started. I will remote mount the t/cass shifter right next to the tranny shifter and have my klune shifter right infront of the t/cass.
                              Looks good in my head, hopefully the finished product will look half as nice....
                              Then I will cut off the front link crossmember and drop it and inch or two, redo the rear link crossmeber the same and then think about a front 4-link.
                              I'll post progress tomarrow.

Comment

I have the tubing in for the dash/console. I looks pretty cool and actually will cover all the shifter linkage. I also cut off my front link crossmember and dropped that so the driveshaft would miss the lower arm on full droop.
                                Tomarrow, I will cut the rear link crossmember off and switch that out so it matches the front one. I'll build the remaining tunnel cover bend up some sheetmetal to finish of the dash and console. Maybe I'll even start mounting the gas tank....

Comment

Working...
                                X