Project: chopped70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Cell? New rear x member?
    Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Originally posted by NOTPRETTY
      Fuel Cell? New rear x member?
      I am going to try and keep the stock tank....

New rear crossmember, yea you could say that. I'll go take some pics and post them i na few minutes.
      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

here are a few pics

I added the firewall hoop/support
        capped the end of the frame rail and added the rear tube frame

I also recieved my swayaway air shocks/ nitro fill kit from poly performance.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by bent70; 07-09-2005, 04:47 PM.

Comment

I got bored and added a brace from the tube frame to the slider.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have the door/bed hoop bent and readyto be burned in, plus some of the braces to come.
            Attached Files

Comment

Nice work man! That thing is going to be sweet. I take it you have your own bender and notcher? Are you going off of some plans for the all of the tubing or just making it as you go?

Comment

Did you push the front axle forward too?
                Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                  Nice work man! That thing is going to be sweet. I take it you have your own bender and notcher? Are you going off of some plans for the all of the tubing or just making it as you go?
                  Yea I have a pro tools 105 and a crappy hf notcher. I started out with an idea, but it went somewhat to shit, so most of it has been make as you go. I like it though so I've been lucky so far.

Comment

Originally posted by NOTPRETTY
                    Did you push the front axle forward too?
                    I havn't gone any further than my pervious build and am retaining the same suspension up front. So it is forward 4" or so from stock.

Comment

I like the shocks...

Good progress!...keep the updates coming.
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Looks great! You are still at the fun part. If you are looking for rear panels here is where I got mine. Great guy to deal with. http://www.kaloffroad.com/flares.htm I just got all my hydro steering parts today but I still need to call Pig and get a nitro kit.

Kevin
                        Attached Files
                        71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

I'm not sure what I going to do yet. Either salvage the stock fenders, build new ones out of sheet metal(this would be fun) or make flat ones out of sheetmetal or lexan.

Comment

Try and salvage the old ones but do not use flat sheet metal they just dont look right!
                            71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

I think I might try and bend up some at work just for fun...I see if I can make the rolls and bends tomarrow.

Comment

I tried making a skin of the rear fender at work and it came out perfect. I'd show you all a pic, but I used it to catch slag for the plasma cutter and melted it. At least I know I can make the skins if I need them.

I built the 4-link and am finish welding it now. I still need to make gussets and braces for the mounts, but at least I have a suspension to hold the axle now.
                                Oh and I ended up with 105" wb rather 102".
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X