Project: chopped70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project: chopped70

I destroyed my crappy f150 springs this weekend at the con, so I figured I'll cut the back off the bronco and link it.

Plan-

tube from b-piller body mounts back on frame
    dual triangulated 4-link
    Coils or coilovers
    maybe put bed back on but narrowed or dovetailed or tube it all out w/ skins
    delete door posts front and rear
    new cage that ties to the frame and body from end to end
    make new dash integrated with cage
    boatside the rest of the body
    All new electrical using 12voltguy.com's comp panel
    finally install hydro steer
    fix my klune
    mabey change the oil

oh and finish this within four weeks..... probably not happening.

I'll add pics of the destruction on a perfectly fine rig later tonight.
    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

some pics as of an hour ago.
    Attached Files

Comment

Try the F250 springs...... Unless you are looking for the 4 link upgrade.. I'll buy the shackle flip kit..
      Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

the last pic already has parts for the four link.
        I'll I can get the rear hanger off welded to the frame and rear bumper you can have it. Its setup for a 2.5" wide spring, but all you have to do is change the shackle for the beefier 3" wide ford springs. The front hanger is the stock one. It nets a 1" increace in wheelbase or 6" if you mount he springs backwards.

Comment

I cut 9" out of the body and started the new rockers and boatsides. I have the front fender mocked up in its final location and visability has been greatly improved.
          Attached Files

Comment

sweet. keep the pics coming...
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

OK,

I'm a bit baffled. Your rig was working pretty well before you decided to chop it up right? Truth be told, I kinda liked the way it looked before.

My question is this... Are you carrying your boatsides all the way to the door sill height? I was planning on having mine roll right under my rocker skis. How bout some more detail man!

Work is looking good. I like the direction you're going with it.

HIS: 76 [o===o]
              HERS: 68 [o===o] "Doodlebug"

Lonestar Early Bronco Club

Endeavor Racing

Comment

Yea, it was performing real well. Mabey I should have just spent $50 on new springs.
                The boatside goes above the floorboard 3-4".
                I'll take new pics tomarrow......the back of the frame fell off.

Comment

Looks good so far! I did the same kind of thing last year but my springs were not even bad. I hope you get yours done faster than I am getting mine done. I have been with out a rig now for going on two years. Here is the before shot and the next day shot.
                  Attached Files
                  71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Posted this in rokcln thread by accident.

Well anyways I cut the frame off at the rear of the b-piller bodymounts. I also finished the driverside rockers and added a couple more vertical bars.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Your supposed to cut your rig apart after wheeling season not at the start dumbass
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

So, what are you planning on doing with the rear now. Are you going to link it, and build a tub frame for the springs and stuff?
                        Marc D.
                        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler
                          Your supposed to cut your rig apart after wheeling season not at the start dumbass

So, at least mine will be done before yours plus it'll be hella tight.......

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
                            So, what are you planning on doing with the rear now. Are you going to link it, and build a tub frame for the springs and stuff?
                            I'm going to do a dual triangulated 4-link and push it back to 100-102" wb. I'm leaning towards going with sway away air shock on all corners, once I get some feedback from a guy with a very simaler rig.
                            I will build a tube frame in the back which will integrate into everything else and an going to reuse the stck take somehow. As for the body back there I plan to either reuse the bed and floor, but narrow/dovetail it or make sheetmetal skins.

Comment

Sounds sweet. Keep us posted.
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
                              X