No announcement yet.

Project: chopped70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EB is looking great! Post some more pics once you get your camera figured out. I want to check out your cage. It sounds awesome. Sorry to hear about your tooth. OUCH! Man that had to hurt. Glad you got it fixed though.

Comment

As long as it doesn't rain tomarrow I'll have some pics of the rust bucket The grinder will be getting a workout tomarrow.
      70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Here are the new pics...
        Attached Files

Comment

awesome...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

This realy sucks! You start after I did and it looks like you will be finished before me as well. I like the style of th cage and that wust look wicked flat towing it around the city. Is that SF you are in? If so where did you find a garage that could fit that thing in it? Most I have seen you would be lucky to fit a yugo.

Do you have any additional plans for more cage bracing? And have you started and body panel fab yet? Keep us posted!

Kevin
            71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

I still have loads more to go...your way ahead of me. As for the garage, lets just say I can only work on one side of the rig if I'm lucky. I should have taken a pic before I pulled it out.
              I will add two more vertical bars in the door area inline of the two unsuported rocker bars. I'd like to add some support/node at the front of the a-piller, since it kinda just floating in the middle of the tube. Tie the shock hoops to the fender bars and mabey some extra bracing between the b and a pillers. I screwed up on the height of the cage so it's fairly close to you head especially if I add more overhead bracing. I think I just keep the single overhead bar since I already have my stainless panels cut for the top.
              I mounted the front fenders, but had to notch them severly to fit around and through the tubes. Unfortunatly 75% of the fenders are bondo so they are kinda hacked and fubared. For the rear I made a test skin that matches the body lines perfect, but the heights don't line up with the front fenders unless I mount the skins 4" or so above the bed side tube.

Comment

Sounds great and just what i was thinking as far as more bracing. I'd also add an X to the bed floor to keep things from wracking on ya as well as tie the rear shocks in some more but from what you have started so far I know you already have this in the plans. I wil be severy slowed up now on mine due to a small bathroom dry rot problem I need to deal with

Kevin
                71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Great build-up. Rig looks killer, can't wait to see whats next>>
                  Hey just curious what brake master cylinder is that and does it have vacuum or hydro or none (couldn't tell by the pics) Thanks FM.
                  72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                  1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Master is for a 79'(I think) corvette w/ manual 4-wheel disks

I think I'm gonna start the electrical side for a little change. I'm going to fab a battery tray and place it right in front of the tranny under the dash and mount my sub amp above that.

Comment

Man that thing is looking sweet! I may have missed this somewhere, but are you going to put the EB skins back on it or leave it as a tube buggy look? Great work!!

Comment

I am putting the front clip back on for sure and will experiment more with making stock rear skins. The only problem with the rear is that the body line height is off 4" if I hang the rear skin flush with the main bed tube. I got down make the rear skins damn near perfect, but my roller at the shop is only 36" wide leaving me a little short.

Comment

I finally made some progress...after I don't know how many months of stacking crap on and around the project.

Yesterday, I cutout more of the floor to body mounts at your feet. I started my sheetmetal roof and today I finished my exhaust.
                          I'll post pics tomarrow

Comment

here are the pics
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yahoo! Looking very nice! Any idea of a completion date?

Comment

thanks....I am going to try and get it done by early-mid april so i can shake it down before a trip my buddies have in march to J.V. Hopefully I can get it done and get time off from work.
                                This weekends goal is putting in the floor/ new tunnel and finally mounting the seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X