No announcement yet.

Project: chopped70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You definetly get a cockpit feeling. It looks even better with the seats in and you can see how it fits to them and turns out tight behind them.
    Attached Files
    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Well I made a little progress today. I cut the rear link crossmember off and used my scraped stainless steel top for the dash/console. Could have gotten more done if my damn air compressor wouldn't keep overheating while tring to use the plasma cutter.
      Attached Files

Comment

I likey. The console is a great place for your guages as well...you should french them in or mount them in like Kevin did.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

That an idea...although I am thinking of putting a tube off the dash, around the steering wheel and to the a-piller. That should give me enough space to put 2-3 gauges and fill up the empty space. On the dash I will have my comp panel and stereo. Plus I need a place to put my 5.125" speakers somewhere too......hmmm.

Comment

You have a better design brain then I do for sure...this is what I was thinking. Put the CB, radio, toggles and guages in the front and build the side portions as a speaker box and mount them on the sides, with a can holder or 2 behind the shifter...or not.
            Attached Files
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Yea, that would be a good layout. I need to get my switches, radio and gauges out and see where they fit, hopefully there is enough space. I'll do that monday....time to enjoy the last two days of my vacation with no stress.

Comment

BENT i can see that your favorite color is grey for your cages.. im just now getting around to painting the old one. got it all sanded and primed and ready for paint tomorrow. o ya wat was up with the rainbow of colors i found under all those layers of paint?? hahaha rig looks great. and that center console is sick!
                {o===o}
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                Originally posted by CityHick
                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Yea, I like that paint mostly because its so tough. Next time I paint the cage it'll be hammered black. Rainbow of colors? Which ones?
                  I though you would be done with yoiur eb, by now...

I got the main wiring done this last weekend and started the engine for the first time in a year +. Started right up and sounded good. I also did a little body work on the pass. front fender. It still needs a little smoothing out.
                  Now my battery drains over night, which I think is due to my alternater. I have it wired up as a single wire hookup, like I did before....I think. I am going to change that and redo it correct in a 3 wire hookup fashion. Alternater is a gm si 12 I think. 100a out of an 80's caddy.

Comment

i found some red green yellow black.. i put the cage in the day after i got it and i drove it around and didnt want to go through all the hassle of taking all those 22 bolts out again.. i just had a spurr of the moment kinda thing. and now its all painted... ahhhhh and i finally have a good paying job to have some spare parts so ill be caught up to most of the people on here soon... WOO BUMPERS BUMPERS!!!!

glad to hear it starts up.. i say we all have a "comming out of the garage" day for Bent (he does live in SF.... hahahaha) and all meet up and enjoy the weekend... so come on and built it like you mean it!!
                    {o===o}
                    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

Must have been the previous owners paint jobs.

"coming out of the garage" day....ha ha fawker...You guys were the ones having fun at the parade when you pick up the cage right........

Comment

hahahah there were so many drags queens out there on pride day!! hahahaha
                        i will never be the same

your truck looked 100% different from the last time i saw it. when are you going to expect it to be finished??
                        {o===o}

Comment

.....a sometime in the future...

Comment

How does the shifter for the 435 work? It looks pretty solid. I like the idea
                            70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

The shifting is real quick, but the throw is a little tight. I think adding some plastic washers at the pivots points will cure that problem. Hopefully I get this thing done soon so I can see the actual driving difference.

Comment

All I have is like a week of hard work left if that......just the motivation is not there and I am always doing something keeping me away from the bronco.

Here are some picks of the new suspension mounts, some body work and most importantly my new subwoofer box....

The body work was fixing the gaping hole around the tube through the fender and alot of dents and holes. I cut a patch panel out of my old rear fenders for a matched body line.

Also, the frame link mounts have a bunch more bracing to go on including the skid plate that will tie the front and rear lower mounts togather.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X