Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTT :flipoff2:
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• It's tomorrow.
      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
        It's tomorrow.
        its raining and was dark outside.
        lick my
        70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

• crappy pics..

I also ended up with a new 10si alternator since the old one was draining my battery and I also picked up a new psc steering pump.

I'm thinking of adding a tube from the rear rocker to the rear of the "bed". I would add bends to make it look like a wheel well, plus I'll tie it into the rear shock mount area.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bent70; 12-07-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Here is the tubes some plating I want to add.

If making sheetmetal rear skins like the stock ones doesn't work out I can skin the bed and it will at least look bronco/truck like.
            I should have mounted that pass fender so it would look better and you could see the flow better.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bent70; 12-07-2007, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• Nope, that doesn't look out of place in SF at all. Looks like the 3 ladies down the street are skeeered.

Looks like fun though.
              Vacaville, Ca
              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawkfan View Post
                Nope, that doesn't look out of place in SF at all. Looks like the 3 ladies down the street are skeeered.

Looks like fun though.
                Jeff, I was thinking that exact same thing... That's OK though, a good majority of people in SF need a tune-up like that once in a while.

That definitely looks like a fun rig...
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

• Well its getting closer again....I had to redo my front suspension mounts at the axle and the frame and also redo the upper and lower mounts for the front shocks. Oh, I also went and put a hole in my radiator by accident so I now have a new griffen alum. radiator in there too. Went cheap with the gauges and picked up a summit tach. and 3 in 1 guage set. They look ok.
                  Now I need to gain headroom in the seats again. So since I can't move them down any further I am going to add a raised (X) over the seats raising the top of the cage a few inches for safety. Then I'll add a new sheetmetal pan to finish off the top. Hopefully, the raised roof won't look retarded....we'll see.

I also cut that crappy axle truss off and have a new one that is beefy. I just have to tie it into the diff cover and it'll be done.
                  Last edited by bent70; 06-30-2008, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Cant wait to see it...

Aaron
                    KK6DAD
                    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• I got it out and driving.....at the NCB rubicon run.
                      Worked pretty good except for the minor problems that left it on the trail.
                      The rear shocks need some more tuning, I need a new tire, fix the dented rim and finally get new steering arms. Oh and some lights would be nice.
                      Hydro steering in nice and it handled well coming and going from loon to airport flats at 40-50mph.

Comment

• Re: Project: chopped70

I got a new tire for christmas..

Anyways, I'm going on a trip to jv april 1st so I have to get it going again.

I'll be:

-adding a rear antirock swaybar
                        -adding the rest of my seatbelt harness's
                        -repairing a bent shock and adjusting the binding mounts
                        -changing out the optima to a regular sealed battery to be placed in the rear of the chassis
                        - change out the steering arms to springless parts mike arms
                        -finishing my skins....copped out for now and will be running plain plastic, mabey eb skins down the road
                        - fix my neverending leak on my 60 diff cover

Comment

what axles are you running? could you explain a little about them and what vehicle they cam out of? Thanks.
                          What can I fix next?

Comment

The axles are stock width axles so replacement shafts would be cheaper and easier to obtain.

Front is a ford 79' dana 60hp out of a f350.
                            It has more usable space for suspension mounts than later axles and came with kingpins rather balljoints, which I trust more strengthwise.

Rear is chevy 14 bolt out of late 70's 3/4 and/or 1 ton truck. It was cheaper to build than a dana axle and stronger than a 60.

Comment

Originally posted by bent70 View Post
                              The axles are stock width axles so replacement shafts would be cheaper and easier to obtain.

Front is a ford 79' dana 60hp out of a f350.
                              It has more usable space for suspension mounts than later axles and came with kingpins rather balljoints, which I trust more strengthwise.

Rear is chevy 14 bolt out of late 70's 3/4 and/or 1 ton truck. It was cheaper to build than a dana axle and stronger than a 60.
                              that is exactly what I am looking for.

or 60 in rear.

So, yes I want year 77.5 to 79 for front kingpin style and more room, less room and king to 89 I can do also cause I will run coilovers instead of regular coils.

Is the chevy a full floater....? that would be ideal for trail fixes.

Do you know anybody that has either?
                              What can I fix next?

Comment

what antirock sway bar did you get or are getting?

thanks.
                                What can I fix next?

Comment

Working...
                                X