No announcement yet.

Project: chopped70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is some great fab work. Thanks for posting pic's!
    What can I fix next?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rokcrln
      In looking at your last few pic's I am thinking you may want to spread your front lower links apart just abit. It looks like it may want to swing side to side just a bit. Your links are real far apart at the diff and that is great but being so close together at the front will want to piviot just a bit. If you can get them about 12" apart I think you will be alot happier with the final project.

Just my .02 worth Also with the adjustable shocks why try and build the mounts adjustable, just bump the shocks up abit. I have set mine up for about 6" of shaft at ride hieght but I will pump them up to about 10+" for snow runs and 40's

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

could you please explain what you mean by two close or just explain your entire comment. I am trying to understand the logic so I can put together a working knowledge of how link suspension works.

12" apart for the front uppers at diff? or for the lowers at the frame?

thanks!
      Last edited by 5150bronco; 06-15-2007, 10:09 PM.
      What can I fix next?

Comment

• Originally posted by 69crawler
        The illusion is that he still thinks it's a Bronco
        IMAO, that was very funny and good timing considering two hours of reading this thread and taking notes.....I got a good laugh out of that...

Nice Job Bent!!!!!!!!!!!!
        What can I fix next?

Comment

• I just remembered I have a bronco in the garage......so I started working on it. Must have been a few months since I've touched the thing.
          I remounted my reservoir closer to the new pump and in a safer place.
          I also made the mount for my fuel filler on the cage...I think it looks pretty slick.
          Man not welding for a few months is a bad idea, looking at the welds I laid down today...I'll blame the crappy 110v welder.
          70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

• I hear ya on crappy welding, all I can say is I HATE welding sheet metal, can lay a decent bead then BOOM burn through.... almost thinking I should buy a smaller 110V welder for sheet metal.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
              I hear ya on crappy welding, all I can say is I HATE welding sheet metal, can lay a decent bead then BOOM burn through.... almost thinking I should buy a smaller 110V welder for sheet metal.
              I understand completely. A miller 210 isn't very good for sheet metal. I almost shot down to Home Depot and bought the cheapest small welder they had.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• If it's any conselation, I've got a miller 135 and I can't wait to buy a 175 or a 210. I'll keep the 135, but it's not enough for most of what I want to do.
                Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                  If it's any conselation, I've got a miller 135 and I can't wait to buy a 175 or a 210. I'll keep the 135, but it's not enough for most of what I want to do.
                  X2. I can't wait to buy a bigger machine!!

Comment

• I did the same and started with a 135. Then bought the old school miller 220 and kept the 135 for sheetmetal and small stuff.

Comment

• If I were to do it again, I would get the Miller250. It is a little more than the two ten, but the range was 20amp-250amp, and my 210 was 30amp-210amp. At least that is what it was when I bought mine. I sure do wish I could lower down some more, and I think the power control on the 250 is infinate, where I have seven settings. I got mine off line from a place in Texas. No tax, and free shipping. The only thing is that I had to wait two days to get it. Saved me a lot over getting it locally.
                      Well, I just Googled it and found the companies web page. Prices have gone up some, but still free shipping.
                      http://www.etox.com/

Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                      If it's any conselation, I've got a miller 135 and I can't wait to buy a 175 or a 210. I'll keep the 135, but it's not enough for most of what I want to do.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• I found this 212 on ebay for $1409 with free shipping. It's 30 to 210 amps, but I'll keep my 135 for smaller stuff. I think the 212 has infinate power settings. I think I need a 180, so I'm looking at 212's so I don't regret it later. We just bought a 252 at work and it's bad ass, 1/2" single pass...
                        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                          I found this 212 on ebay for $1409 with free shipping. It's 30 to 210 amps, but I'll keep my 135 for smaller stuff. I think the 212 has infinite power settings. I think I need a 180, so I'm looking at 212's so I don't regret it later. We just bought a 252 at work and it's bad ass, 1/2" single pass...
                          If you want infinite voltage control I would double check that the 212 has it, I am almost certain it only has 7 taps for voltage control. When I bought my 210 I asked about infinite voltage and my shop said I had to go up to the 251 for that.
                          Last edited by highlander; 11-28-2007, 06:21 PM.
                          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Well it drives, front wheel drive only though, needs the rear driveshaft lengthened. I plumbed the brakes, but ended up needing new front calipers since they were frozen. Got the fuel filler finished.
                            I'm working on plating now and a few tubes.

Comment

• Sounds like you're almost there! Although I can't tell for sure because you DIDN'T POST ANY PICTURES!!!!

Comment

• Maby I'll post a pic of it outside the garage.

Man the little stuff sucks. I think these last four days I have been to kragen's everyday and have spent a little over $200 and all to show for it is a brakeline,fuelfiller and oil all over the ground and the two bronco parts left.

I'll post some crappy pics tomarrow.
                                Last edited by bent70; 12-05-2007, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X