Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project: chopped70

Well got productive from 3pm to 7pm.
    I need to shift all the pedals over to the left so I can fit an accelerator pedal. Going to make the tunnel removable and the square under the seat a removable panel. I wish I made the center console removable, but really don't want or need the extra work at this point.
    Now I just need to be on the lookout for a 302 based shortblock that is still good. My 5.0 block needs to be completely gone through since it was clapped out in the donor mustang.

70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

firewall is done....that took forever. The front tunnel is removable and is in three pieces. Will finish the rear tunnel when i get the tcass in. It will sitting a couple inches higher now since I have to raise over my rear link cross member.

Comment

Progress has stopped for the last week and maybe the next. I've been working on my superduty to get it back on the road. My whole front end was shot and tires were bald. I bought a set of 06 axles and complete suspension to convert my early 99' sd. So far got the rear in and will have the front in tomarrow weather permitting. Sucks only having an hour or two to work outside in the cold the last few days.
        If anyone has a reamer for the tierod end i need to enlarge my pitman arms hole. Its 1/1.5ft taper i think.

Comment

Progress stoped on the superduty so back to the bronco....

Running short on time and money so the carbed engine is back in the eb for now. I modded the 205 for twinstick and put it in through the cockpit. Put the carbed 302 and 435 in through the front just to find it doesn't fit and is hard up against the driverside firewall. So after some choice words I remembered that I used the mustang motor to mockup for clearances and that it had stock 5.0 valve covers not the tall aftermarket ones on the old 302. Swap the covers and all is good fits like a glove. My headers won't work so I just ordered blockhuggers and parts for making the rest of the exhaust. My pull type slave cylinder for the clutch won't work either so I either need to make a bellcrank for it or get a push type to replace it.
          Ordered up a nylon brake kit and accelerator pedal from speedway along with some cool looking levers that I will try to use for the 205.

Comment

got a little bit more done....till the garage started flooding so called it a day.

Comment

Looking really good.
              Marc D.
              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

When do you get your chassis. Whick one did you go with?

Comment

Originally posted by bent70 View Post
                  When do you get your chassis. Whick one did you go with?
                  Should be completed a week from this coming wed. Hopefully I can pick it up the friday after that. I went with the Trent fabrication starter chassis. I will still have a lot of tubing to add.
                  Marc D.

Comment

I love the Trent fab design. U need to start a thread on that.

The front end looks good. Is it going to make it to Johnson valley next month?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                      I love the Trent fab design. U need to start a thread on that.

The front end looks good. Is it going to make it to Johnson valley next month?
                      Definately not making the JV trip. I will start a thread when I get the chassis.
                      Back to this thread. How long is your rear driveshaft? I think I'm going to have to go to a high nine.
                      Marc D.

Comment

Oh its making it......
                        Got the twin stick shifters in
                        Added more sheetmetal to the interior
                        All bolts and jam nuts are tight

Next is hydro control valve
                        Wiring
                        Weld in pedals
                        Radiator
                        Finish seat mounts
                        Klune shifter
                        Tranny shifter
                        Brakelines
                        Mo tube
                        Driveshafts
                        Refill shocks

I'll get three of those done tonight

Comment

Getting closer to drivable....not finished.
                          Got the rear plastic brakelines in
                          All shifters in
                          Pedals welded back in and offset kinda hack looking though.

The shifters and throttle pedal were the worst. Found out the tranny doenst shift with the long bolt holding it to the adapter on the lower driver side.
                          Throttle cable can go fuck itself.

Comment

Rolled it out side and noticed it didn't look like a bronco. Maby i'll be able to fit some fenders and a grill on down the road. Tried starting it and it didn't sound right.....wrong starter when an bought a mini starter for a 93 bronco and works now. toped off the radiator, finished bleeding the steering and messed with the idle. So far so good. Just need my front shaft that got rebuilt this last week to be shortened to my specs before tuesday.
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

bent70 on darins log in.....ooops
                              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

you guys are just, a little too close lol
                                68 Slightly modified
                                67 LUBR once again
                                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X