Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VERY NICE!!!!

Comment

That looks nicer out of the plastic wrap!

Being a nice guy and all, I suppose I can let you guys in on where I suggested Tony get this thing. If you havent heard of them yet, heres the link. You can ask CityHick about his personal dealings with these guys, but I assume it wasnt too bad. I used to get parts from these guys at my old shop.

www.gefracing.com

They tend to have the best (or at least better than most) deals on Ford Racing and general Ford parts.

Comment

Originally posted by mcmain012
        That looks nicer out of the plastic wrap!

Being a nice guy and all, I suppose I can let you guys in on where I suggested Tony get this thing. If you havent heard of them yet, heres the link. You can ask CityHick about his personal dealings with these guys, but I assume it wasnt too bad. I used to get parts from these guys at my old shop.

www.gefracing.com

They tend to have the best (or at least better than most) deals on Ford Racing and general Ford parts.

Yeah, Matt clued me in to these guys, and while it's quite the interesting group of folks to deal with down there in Georgia, they certainly came through. Now I just need to get the thing installed and hear it run! Never mind the long list of parts I still need to acquire to make that happen...

Tony
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Looks VERY nice.............................and yet somewhat familiar
          70 Bronco / 351W SEFI Serp, ZF, ARB, Sunburst Orange Metallic, 35 KM2s.........

Comment

Here's a quick update...
            -Sold the old 302 today (fewer parts to trip over)
            -Purchased a pair of decent bucket seats (racing style, set up for the harnesses). Nothing special, but nice.
            -Welded in the WH passenger's side "under-seat" compartment (mostly anyway)
            -Received my POR-15 engine paint kit (this weekend's project is to paint the new 351w crate motor)
            -Shopping for clutches
            -In the process of selling my stock bucket seats to a buddy.
            -Hoping to finish the undercoating project soon
            -Should have the seat mounts figured out soon

I know...

Look for an update on Sunday or Monday. I've been busy but I've continued to make progress and my pile of old junk that I'm not using anymore is getting smaller. Hoping to install the engine/tranny/t-case in the next month.

Tony
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Painted Engine!

Painting a fully dressed engine is a lot of work but I'm pretty happy with the results so far. I still need to do a little touch-up on it but (assuming it holds up well) I'm pretty much sold on POR-15 engine paint. I'm sure it's not the "correct" color for an EB, but then again, it's not exactly the correct engine either... My Bronco is slowly getting there... As soon as I get a clutch, it's going to be time to install the drive train, and then start final assembly (as the budget permits the purchase of the rest of the parts that I will need...).

Here's a pic of my engine...
              Tony
              Attached Files
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Very nice. Better to do it this way than in the engine bay of the Bronco....................not my finest hour
                70 Bronco / 351W SEFI Serp, ZF, ARB, Sunburst Orange Metallic, 35 KM2s.........

Comment

Looks great! As long as you followed the directions for the POR-15, it will hold up very well. I can't wait to see it all installed. (and running)

Comment

Looking sweet. Can't wait to see it in the bronco. Just keep up the steps, and it will be driving before you know it.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Looks real good. How much was the POR engine paint? (I think my chassis coat was $115)

You'll be driving it before you know it.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

I'll try and address each comment here...

I purchased the "engine painting kit" directly from POR15.com, it came to $52 for the miscellaneous chemicals, etc. When I received the box of goodies, I realized that the directions assumed that you're starting with a bare block. I called their tech line and asked if it would work for a block that was already painted from the factory, and the support guy said as long as I cleaned it up very well and roughed up the existing paint, that I should have good results. I painted a bunch of parts (bellhousing, engine, transmission, t-case, etc) and of the parts that have dried, the paint has cured to a very hard finish. Hopefully it stays that way. It is very strange paint to work with, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. So far so good!

Tony
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Did you buy a "throw away" gun to paint with?
                          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer
                            Did you buy a "throw away" gun to paint with?
                            Nope and hindsight is 20/20. I used the brushes that POR recommends - a slow, steady hand, more patience than I thought I had, and a constant eye watching that I didn't goop the paint on too thick. I'm not sure you really could spray that paint very well. It's really thick stuff and it does level pretty well, as does their standard black paint. Great results on the cast surfaces, decent on the flat spots.

Tony
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

NICE MOTOR!!!!! the blue makes it look much better

so whens the date you plan on the maiden voyage? maybe to break in our motors we should take a day trip to carnage in Livermore. nothing serious out there but theres a few rocks to test out that new lift of yours
                              {o===o}
                              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                              Originally posted by CityHick
                              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Late summer maybe? I've got a busy summer ahead of me and many weekends are already spoken for. I do however get off work at 3 (supposedly anyway) so maybe an afternoon trip out to Carnegie could be in order... Never heard that place referred to as "carnage" before - pretty funny...

Tony
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X