No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had a 2bbl and now have the Edelbrock on my 351. Like everyone says, the Edelbrocks suck!! Even with all the tricks done to mine it still sucks! With gas prices the way they are now i would stay with a 2bbl until you get the EFI setup.
    1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Looking Good, Were you able to get Valley Machine Yesterday cut cut up your Tranny cover.
      Paint takes patience and all the work is in the prep. Patrick would agree on as well....vary boring and repetitive. I have a mini paint booth set up if you need it. The only thing its just small enough that the bronco doesn't fit. YA YA YA I know bad design.

Chris
      70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Chris,
        Valley Machine couldn't bend that piece but told me they could make me a cover out of thinner stock for $20, just not that day. I have not made it back yet, but I do have more scrap sheet metal around. I can't decide what next to tackle, and I've been really busy lately. I may take you up on the mini paint booth for some of the smaller parts eventually.

Thanks for the carb recommendations everybody... I'm not overly concerned with fuel economy as the Bronco is a toy that won't get driven daily; I mainly just want a reliable powerplant at this point.

Tony
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

This weekend was a productive one for work on my Bronco... No clutch solution just yet but I took the plunge and started body work. Broncos really are a sickness or maybe an addiction. Pictures will come soon but in short, I popped off all body side moulding, the cheesy rear flares, the stock mirrors, and the factory tire carrier, and then got a little crazy with the welder. Most all of the patch welds are now smoothed with body filler and block sanded (first pass anyway). I never liked the color of my Bronco and decided that since I have it this far apart now, that I should get as much done to it as possible since it's down. That and none of my local 'wheelin buddies have running rigs this summer....

My goal of driving my Bronco by the end of the summer will likely be missed, but I would rather get stuff done right the first time. Now I get to learn how to paint... I'm debating between some bright, bold, in your face color like orange or bright yellow, or something a bit more subdued like a forest green. White is an option too but I already have a white truck so a little color would be good. Decisions, decisions...

Tony
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

I think you should go in your face bold since you are building such a nice rig and everyone should notice your hard work. I'm thinking Sonic Blue from an 05 Ford Escape.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Sounds like you got some good work done. When I painted mine (first paint job I've ever done) I learned that body works takes time. A LOT of time and patients. But if you take your time and don't get in a hurry, it'll turn out great. I vote for bright color too!

Comment

Body work sucks!! Next time I do mine, I better be dovetailing it!

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                  Sounds like you got some good work done. When I painted mine (first paint job I've ever done) I learned that body works takes time. A LOT of time and patients. But if you take your time and don't get in a hurry, it'll turn out great. I vote for bright color too!
                  Body work does take time and only being into it a couple of days I'm still enjoying it. Fortunately most of my sheet metal is very straight and I borrowed a buddy's air sander for blocking. It is making quick work of smoothing the body filler, but I certainly don't want to rush and end up unhappy with my work.

I'm open to suggestions for the final color and there is something about bright colors that is cool on old Broncos. Orange has been done many times over but it does look good. Below is a pic of the Bronco that got me thinking about green... that color is 2000 Land Rover green and while it's a little darker than I wanted to go, I think it looks great. I've got lots of time to figure this out.

Tony
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by CityHick; 06-10-2007, 07:24 PM.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

when I do mine, I think i'm going two tone..not many of those around that I can see...blue bottom--white top--grey rhino inside
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

• That is a very nice green above. When I was in Moab, I saw this "burnt orange" Bronco that I really like too. It's orange, but is't a different orange. I think it's cool.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I wonder what color that actually is, and how easy it would be to match (or come close to). I like it!
                        Thanks,
                        Tony
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

• I think 2 tone Blue and silver would look nice. Specially Seahawk blue and silver.

Seriously, Gunmetal looks pretty nice too!
                          Vacaville, Ca
                          67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Hacked up!

Did I mention something about body work??? I dove in head first and there's no turning back now...

The first pic is right after I pulled chrome off the sides (kind of a "before")
                            and the rest are pretty self explanatory. Fortunately the body is relatively straight, and I have not found any real surprises... Except for the rear fender flares that some PO put on. I noticed that the driver's side was installed about 1.5" lower from the body line than the passenger's side. My solution - cut them even, order warflares, and go to town with the pneumatic recip saw, welder, grinder, bondo, and block sander!

I'm making progress but I still have a very long way to go... Hoping to spray some primer before too much longer but summer is here, my job is kicking my @ss, and weekends are increasingly booked with stuff more fun than wrenching on a 37 year old Ford! All in all things are moving along.
                            Attached Files
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

• Oh man, now you've done it.

Pick a color yet?

I'll see ya Friday for the top. I'll give you a call and discuss time.

Jeff
                              Vacaville, Ca
                              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawkfan
                                Oh man, now you've done it.
                                Pick a color yet?
                                I'll see ya Friday for the top. I'll give you a call and discuss time.
                                Jeff
                                I must be a glutton for punishment. I just keep digging deeper. I didn't mention my dash, heater and steering column are also out for reconditioning and untold changes I'm sure.

Friday is good... I work from home that day and thus any time of day works for me. Lets shoot for late afternoon/early evening if possible but I shouldn't be too far from home later in the evening if necessary.

I'm back on orange for the color - probably something like what Crawlin68 recommended a couple of posts up, or more of a copper color like what's on the new Corvettes and Chargers, among others...
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X