No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your local Dupont automotive paint distributor most carry the Imron line. I bought mine from Patterson Paint in Clovis.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• I called my local paint store this afternoon. He agreed that Imron is the way to go and gave me a few pointers. Of note though... DuPont only sells the activator by the quart now, and at $125/quart that's more than the paint! They told me that for a slight price break I can get some paint from local boat stores that is a very similar formulation to Imron as well, so I may explore that option. Tonight I may actually shoot some primer on my beast...
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by CityHick
        I called my local paint store this afternoon. He agreed that Imron is the way to go and gave me a few pointers. Of note though... DuPont only sells the activator by the quart now, and at $125/quart that's more than the paint! They told me that for a slight price break I can get some paint from local boat stores that is a very similar formulation to Imron as well, so I may explore that option. Tonight I may actually shoot some primer on my beast...
        I'm not sure what the saving would be, but I'm of the school of you get what you pay for most of the time, and after spending all those hours prepping you bronco, I wouldn't take a chance.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• The great primer project has begun. I learned that you really don't get much pot life out of a high-fill primer... Next time I will have to go a little faster I guess. I got a little less than a quart applied tonight and I'm pretty happy with the results for a beginner. I've got some block sanding to do, and of course a whole bunch more primer to spray but so far so good...
          Attached Files
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

• Lookin' good. Thanks for all the play by play. It helps those of us that have this to do in the future.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
            I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer
              Lookin' good. Thanks for all the play by play. It helps those of us that have this to do in the future.
              I can only hope I'm giving something back here... You've all taught me a whole bunch, so hopefully a few people can learn from my experience. What did newbies ever do before the internet?
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

• That body looks real nice. You shouldn't short cut the paint. After all that work, and the way it turned out you should just spend the extra scratch and buy the paint you want. That thing is gonna look sweet

The other Tony
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Nice work. Sometimes I wish mine was nice enough to do body work. Maybe some day.
                  Marc D.

Comment

• Nice work. Sometimes I wish mine was nice enough to do body work. Maybe some day.
                    I thought you just got through doing some body work on the drivers side up on the Rubicon
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Looks familiar to where I was at this time last year with mine...
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by House
                        Looks familiar to where I was at this time last year with mine...
                        That's encouraging... just look at your rig now! I can only hope to be saying the same thing a year from now to the next guy doing this whole exercise...
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

• Definitely!
                          I am sure yours is going to be awesome, you just have to keep up the initiative to keep whittling away at it.
                          BTW, if you are going to drill any holes, fill any holes, lop off your corners, etc. I would do it right now...

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                            I thought you just got through doing some body work on the drivers side up on the Rubicon
                            No, that was mother nature doing her best to my bronco.
                            Marc D.

Comment

• Originally posted by earlybronco72
                              Nice work. Sometimes I wish mine was nice enough to do body work. Maybe some day.
                              Then you could not have so much fun with it. Remember the truck you drive to work is the one with a nice paint job.

CityHick If you need help spraying on the final coat I can help I have been a painter for many years started when I was 14 years old on a D9.And I am close to you WC.
                              1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

• How could you pass that up?
                                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                                X