No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Especially since Florida is the FLATTEST state of all 50!
    CA has palm trees, redwoods, firs, beaches, hills, mountains, deserts, snow, we have it all!
    Of course that also comes with extra laws, taxes, rules, blah blah blah...

Comment

• Originally posted by RandyatBBY
      We have plenty of beach right hear in Califorina.

Yes we do, however CA beaches are nowhere near as nice as FL beaches. The water in FL is a perfect temperature, clear aqua blue in color and clean. The sand on the FL beaches is nice light tan or white in color and nice and fine to run through your toes. Just a more tropical environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68
        Yes we do, however CA beaches are nowhere near as nice as FL beaches. The water in FL is a perfect temperature, clear aqua blue in color and clean. The sand on the FL beaches is nice light tan or white in color and nice and fine to run through your toes. Just a more tropical environment.
        Don't forget the G strings. Can't forget those. Not trying to knock our beaches but it's Florida. There just a little different then ours.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Originally posted by blwngsket
          Don't forget the G strings. Can't forget those. Not trying to knock our beaches but it's Florida. There just a little different then ours.

Oh....go down to South Beach and take a stroll down the beach. You'll see A LOT more than a G-string!!

Comment

Oh....go down to South Beach and take a stroll down the beach. You'll see A LOT more than a G-string!!
            How about the delta. there are always drunk naked girls out on boats.. MMMMM i sure do love the delta
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• Yes indeed... I sure miss my boat. It lives down on the Delta now.

Sorry Tony. Not trying to ruin your topic...

Comment

• I should take my boat out again, I have not used it in so many years.
                1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

• I'd trade the beach for the mountains any day! Just because I have lived here my entire life. I'd love to show up there for a meeting some day!! Ya never know!
                  Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

• More primer

I'm getting closer... I've got 3 coats of high-build primer on all the fenders and I've started block sanding. It's getting pretty smooth but I may have found a couple of areas that need a little more body filler.

This weekend's plan is to remove the grill, do a little more prepping and priming, and start getting ready for shooting color. The inside of the tub needs some attention as well but I'm moving right along.

The less of the original mustard gold color I can see the better!
                    Attached Files
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

• Tony,

Primer is looking good. What kind of gun are you using? Can't wait to see it in color!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Lookin good! Wish I had the patience to do all the body work I should be doing.
                        Jeff
                        Vacaville, Ca
                        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer
                          Tony,
                          Primer is looking good. What kind of gun are you using? Can't wait to see it in color!!
                          Thanks for the words of encouragement guys...
                          To answer your question I'm using a Finex FX-300 HVLP spray gun that's made by Sharpe. I was told its about the best bang for the buck in spray guns, and so far it's made really easy work of applying the primer. It goes on very smooth and consistent with very little overspray. I'm currently running a 1.8 fluid nozzle but will have to buy another nozzle when I get to the color coat, with smaller openings.

I've never done any kind of body work before, so this is all new to me. I think that for an amateur I'm getting decent results. Hopefully my luck continues when it comes time for the top coat.

Now back to the task of sanding...
                          Tony
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

• Quick update...
                            I've just about completed the block sanding and have started gathering information about DuPont Imron and colors. A gallon of orange Imron paint is going to set me back over $400! Just for PAINT! The primer for it will cost me a little over $100, and with a few other miscellaneous supplies I'm sure I'll be pushing $700 to get color on my rig. I'm pretty set on using Imron for the durability. It's tough stuff.

I've got access to a supplied air respirator (a must for polyurethane paints - isocyanates are bad) and I think I can build my "paint booth" pretty easily. I am looking for a good "explosion proof" fan to borrow to help evacuate the fumes from my booth as well.

Anybody have access to a paint booth? It seems that our great state has made it just about impossible for body shops to rent booth time to amateurs in the evenings and weekends...

Tony
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

• I just hung some plastic in the garage and sprayed it right there. I used the garden hose to wet the floor and went to town. My neighbors probably loved me for that.

Comment

I just hung some plastic in the garage and sprayed it right there. I used the garden hose to wet the floor and went to town. My neighbors probably loved me for that.

That is most likely what I will do as well. My neighbors need a tune-up once in a while anyway... I'm just a little concerned with ventilation and maybe a little over-cautious about sparks and solvents. Don't want to burn my house down...
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X