No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .....I'm debating between shooting my roll cage body color or getting it powdercoated black.....
    My opinion is to color match the cage, I like the way it looks. Then you can also paint your steering box, diff covers, etc. Can't wait to see it.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Paint update... I now have the paint and primer in my posession. The paint shop was able to find me some primer (backordered everywhere apparently) and I'm thinking I may shoot the tub tomorrow.

Stay tuned!
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

• Body is painted!

I made some decent progress this weekend... Got the primer-sealer and two coats of color on the beast today. For an amateur I'd say I got pretty decent results but I've got a couple of areas that need a little attention. It's really hard to get any decent photos inside my makeshift booth but here's a couple "teasers". The plan at this point is to wait for the paint to cure and be sandable, scuff-sand a couple problem areas and possibly shoot a 3rd coat.

I'm just happy that the mustard gold paint is finally a thing of the past! I can't wait to see this paint in the sunlight... it is bright!
        Attached Files
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

• Sweet, are you gonna clear it becaue i thougth there was a window of time. Anyways looks awesome
          Damn it.... not again!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtboy488
            Sweet, are you gonna clear it becaue i thougth there was a window of time. Anyways looks awesome
            Thanks man...
            No clear - I'm using a single stage paint.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

• WOOOOOOO!! that orange POPS! man i wish i could paint mine too.. how about i drop mine off and you cn do mine too.

{o===o}
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
              Originally posted by CityHick
              I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• Yeah, what he said.

Lookin good Tony.

Jeff
                Vacaville, Ca
                67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Originally posted by CityHick
                  Thanks man...
                  No clear - I'm using a single stage paint.

Hows it work? Does the end result look like normal paint with clear on it?
                  Damn it.... not again!!!!

Comment

• Thanks for the compliments guys...

Originally posted by dirtboy488
                    Hows it work? Does the end result look like normal paint with clear on it?
                    Yep... you end up with "normal looking" paint. Base-clear paints are relative newcomers to the automotive finishing scene. Up until the mid-80s most cars were single stage. The short answer is that the "clear" resin is mixed in with the colored pigment, and as single-stage paint cures, the resin rises while the pigment sinks.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

• Hey that looks familiar

Looks good!
                      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• VERY Nice Tony! I'm next in line!!!
                        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• Originally posted by FFMDX
                          VERY Nice Tony! I'm next in line!!!
                          Thanks Sean...
                          So how's your engine project progressing? We'll have to meet up and do a little 'wheeling when both rigs are running again...
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by CityHick
                            Thanks Sean...
                            So how's your engine project progressing? We'll have to meet up and do a little 'wheeling when both rigs are running again...

Well the motor looks great sitting on the stand for now. I've been putting all of my efforts into studying for the last couple of months I'm slowly but surely surfing and collecting the odds and ends for the EFI build...

Wheeling or beers, what ever comes first!!!

Sean
                            '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• I'm good for a few beers anytime...

Tony
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

• Dig it!! Love the color. Can't wait to see it completed and out in the sunlight for the full effect.
                                1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Working...
                                X