X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 70EB
    EFI:

- Should have done it sooner.
    - Working thru a couple code issues that everyone (except Patrick) has.
    - Lower intake and dizzy are the only differences than people who put EFI on a 302.
    - Lower intake limited to FMS 351W GT-40 (lightning) or Edelbrock or Trickflow (don't recommend). If you go with the GT-40 then you can use the standard GT-40 upper, Corbra upper (mine) or Explorer upper. For Edelbrock, you can go 351 EFI lower to Edelbrock 5.0 upper.
    - Saw the adapter BCB makes for stock truck EFI lower to Mustang upper - not sold
    - Get the RJM (Ryan's) EFI harness - very simple, plug and play.

What i did was put the engine in and run it carb while I slowly collected EFI parts.

Are you reading this Sean????

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick
      One more question, I saw that you painted your crate engine from that stock gray to Ford blue. What did you use? I'm a little leery of rattle-can paint over the factory applied paint but Ford Blue does look good.

Tony
      Tony,

I used POR15 engine paint. has held up great, goes on thick and smooth. Do it while the engine is out.......

I got so excited with mine that i got it all installed and the body back on then noticed that I failed to paint it.

The gray paintjob that comes on it will not last long.

Glad I can help. I have done so many things on my EB multiple times that I feel like I have three of them.

Bill
      70 Bronco / 351W SEFI Serp, ZF, ARB, Sunburst Orange Metallic, 35 KM2s.........

Comment

I used the POR-15 (Ford Blue) on my block when I first got it. Then during the 347 build, the machine shop called to ask "what the hell did you paint that block with?" It had been soaking in their hot tank for several days and wouldn't come off! Pretty tuff stuff for sure.

Comment

Well then POR-15 it is! Been painting the frame with it all along with mixed results but I think I've finally figured out how to do it "right".

So what are the odds that my engine shows up today???
          Tony
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

One more question for 70EB. Did you keep the oil pan that the crate engine came with or does that need to be changed for clearance issues? Seems to me like it would work but I don't have the thing in front of me yet.

Tony
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Well then POR-15 it is! Been painting the frame with it all along with mixed results but I think I've finally figured out how to do it "right".

So what are the odds that my engine shows up today???
              Tony

I think they have a sepcial formula to use on engines. Might want to double check. I bought their "engine kit" when I did mine.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                I think they have a sepcial formula to use on engines. Might want to double check. I bought their "engine kit" when I did mine.
                Yep I actually just called their tech line and talked about their engine paint. Seems like the way to go. I was concerned about painting over the paint that Ford used, but they said not to worry. Just hit the whole thing with a scotch brite pad, make sure it gets really clean, then apply their paint.

I have been using their standard black on the frame and miscellaneous other components with good results for the most part.

Tony
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Yep I actually just called their tech line and talked about their engine paint. Seems like the way to go. I was concerned about painting over the paint that Ford used, but they said not to worry. Just hit the whole thing with a scotch brite pad, make sure it gets really clean, then apply their paint.

I have been using their standard black on the frame and miscellaneous other components with good results for the most part.

Tony

Cool!

Comment

One more question for 70EB. Did you keep the oil pan that the crate engine came with or does that need to be changed for clearance issues? Seems to me like it would work but I don't have the thing in front of me yet.

Tony
                    It looked real close to me so I got the Mustang conversion pan.

Part number: M-6675-A58

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

You might find it a little cheaper than Summit if you look around.
                    70 Bronco / 351W SEFI Serp, ZF, ARB, Sunburst Orange Metallic, 35 KM2s.........

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
                      I used the POR-15 (Ford Blue) on my block when I first got it. Then during the 347 build, the machine shop called to ask "what the hell did you paint that block with?" It had been soaking in their hot tank for several days and wouldn't come off! Pretty tuff stuff for sure.

LMAO! Lucky that wasnt me, cause my best freind would of killed me! Hes my engine builder. Thanks to him, I am now waiting for a guy whos interested in my 1150 CFM carb in trade for his intake so I can use a 850-930 CFM Holley and hope my car runs much better! Now my goals for 2007 are to save up for the wedding, buy a tow rig and flatdeck trailer, EB out wheeling, and the car out terrorizing the streets! Close on all goals!

Comment

My engine will be delivered on Friday, 4/6. I could make the drive to Tracy and get it myself but I've been working too much lately... What's another few days?

Tony
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

My mama always said, good things come to those who wait.

Comment

Look what just arrived at my house today...

Time to start getting serious about this!
                            Tony
                            Attached Files
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

That's sweet. Can't wait to hear your feedback on the performance.
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                                X