No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that's a purdy motor! Nice job! Did you have to "work fast" so the por-15 would dry too soon? My Father and I are about to Por-15 his '49 Willys frame and it says that it hardens quickly when exposed to air. Did your paint harden in the can?
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

The engine paint actually takes its dear sweet time drying. Great results on the cast areas, you just have to be patient with it. It's a very high-solids paint, its super thick out of the can and takes some finesse to work with it. The standard black por-15 that I've been using on the frame is another matter. It dries in a couple of hours or so. Both are VERY picky with surface prep so take your time when doing that frame. Clean it up really well, then use their Marine Clean followed with their Metal Ready (really nice stuff) or even OSH lacquer thinner and wipe it down until it passes the white glove test. Otherwise it just doesn't stick down well. Are you brushing or spraying? Eithe way, thin is good. It goes on really nice when you apply just enough to cover. Don't let it get too thick.

Oh yeah - don't paint directly from the can either. A drop of sweat or oil, or even some dust will spoil the whole can. Pour some out into another container and make VERY certain not to put the lid on the can if there is ANY paint in the rim. It will get sealed up for good!

Tony
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick
        Never heard that place referred to as "carnage" before - pretty funny...

Tony
        hahah no that was my 1st grade teachings. sound it out and spell it... yup im a idiot! hahahaha
        ill be willing to help a fellow bronco dude out if you ever need a hand with anything. im right in dublin so not that far away
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

It's good to know I've got a Bronco brother a couple of miles away... Never mind my spelling-nazi tendencies, it comes with the territory of having to write copious amounts of documentation for customers at work. These are customers who freak out if they get even the slightest inkling that they are dealing with offshore support... But I digress; Carnage would be a cool name for a 4x4 trail or SVRA!

Tony
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

My cheapo Kragen seats seem to fit pretty nicely... They look more expensive then they are and they are quite comfortable and supportive. Pulled 'em back out today, prepping the inside of the body tub for line-x and looking to get the cage powder coated soon. Still targeting reinstalling the drivetrain for the end of this month. Then this beast will really start to nickel and dime me as I get it closer to a running condition...

Stay tuned!
            Attached Files
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Those seats do look good! and the cage ain't to bad either!(have one just like it)
              Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Yeah I like my Crab cage... Did you get in on that last mass buy? I plan to take it in for powdercoat soon, after I figure out my seatbelt mounting scheme...
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Damn its come a long way I need to come see! Looking good
                  70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Those seats do look good in there.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
                      Damn its come a long way I need to come see! Looking good

Thanks Chris,
                      Give me a call... I'm usually around and there's usually cold beer in the fridge!

As for those seats... time will show how they hold up but for now I'm happy with them.

Tony
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Good news... the 351w crate motor and NP435 tranny both fit! (quite well I might add) Without naming supplier, the performance parts distributor with a facility in Reno shipped me the wrong clutch so I ended up buying the correct one locally and will be shipping my incorrect clutch back to those guys.

Been doing more body work to the inside of the tub and I'm considering prepping the outside of the body for new paint! Somebody please talk some sense into me!

Here are a couple of pictures for your viewing pleasure. My build is coming right along - now comes the real fun... gathering the rest of the engine parts I need to make this thing run!

Tony
                        Attached Files
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Tony,

Sure is looking good. Too bad about the clutch, those guys usually send me the right stuff. What carb are you going to run? Keep up the good work!

Galen
                          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

After talking with the guys at blwngasket's place I'm leaning towards a Q-Jet but I'm open to suggestions. Anybody running a truck avenger? Good/bad/indifferent? EFI is on the future wish list, but a carb is more practical for me at the moment.

Tony
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Looking VERY nice Tony! That engine and tranny look sweet in there! You'll be driving it before you know it!

Comment

After talking with the guys at blwngasket's place I'm leaning towards a Q-Jet but I'm open to suggestions. Anybody running a truck avenger? Good/bad/indifferent? EFI is on the future wish list, but a carb is more practical for me at the moment.

Tony
                                The TA works well, better than a normal Holley and a but load better than the Edelcrock. If you can ponie up the green, get the Quadrapuke and set it up for off road and you will be very very happy with the results. If you ever plan on doing EFI, just get a nice 2bbl from a 390 and run it until you get the EFI.
                                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                                X