70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crawlin68
    Sweet. Glad I could help you get a new compressor! He He!Can you give me something to do so I can burn mine up too? I am tried of how loud this damn oil less compressor is. I would like to get an old fashioned oiled compressor. Please help.

Unfortunately it was through no action of my own... So I'm not sure how I can help you burn yours up! The compressor was a gift a couple of years ago for Christmasand it was purchased at Harbor Freight. I think that by virtue of where it was purchased, its useful life was pre-determined to last just long enough so as to not be covered under warranty. The problem lies somewhere in the check valves and I'm sure it can be fixed, its just a real PITA because it's a real contraption (metric and SAE pipe threads on the same fittings, etc.) That and the pressure switch literally fell apart.

And to answer Mr. 71Bronco71... I can't wait to see the paint job on my Bronco either! I'm now thinking Hummer yellow or FJ Cruiser yellow. Not sure I want to attempt metallic or pearl the first time I paint a vehicle.

Tony
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

• Almost time for primer

Bondo-sand-repeat....

I'm getting very close to being ready for primer. My fenders are just about where I want them and the inside of the tub is also very close. I'll be pulling the hood and starting the masking process soon. I also installed (and later removed) my warflares to mark and drill for final fitment.

Still hoping to have it painted sometime around the end of this summer... Next on the list is line-x (or rhino, or whatever) then I'll begin assembly. The windshield frame is off and fortunately I didn't find too much wrong under the hinge, just a few more holes to patch.

I'm getting there...
      Attached Files
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

• Getting closer. Keep up the good work.
        Jeff
        Vacaville, Ca
        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Looking good! Keep up the good work and don't give up!!

Comment

• Looking gooood! At least you have a nice platform to start with. Mine was
            pretty rough from being a bear hunting rig all of it's life...

Comment

• Thanks guys...
              I am starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere again, and as I told 71Bronco71 last night when he stopped by, I think I'm finally out of things to remove, so I can only start bolting stuff back together! Now the real fun begins... trying to remember where everything goes, and moving stuff around that I don't like. I feel a custom dash coming on... Does it ever end?
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

• [QUOTE]Does it ever end?[QUOTE]

'88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• Ya Tony's truck looks cool in person. And the paint is going to shine. i would just hate to be in your shoes.
                  but after paint it will be all worth it.
                  now wanna practice on mine! i will even let you do all the body work

Lookin great.
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• Thanks for the compliments/words of encouragement guys!
                    71... I would not be doing all of this if the Bronco was my daily driver. And about your offer to let me "practice"... I think I'll pass I'm just about worn out from all the sanding. I may shoot some primer this week. Now about the color... Hummer Yellow or some form of competition orange (think general lee). Solid color, no metallics or pearls...

Maybe something along the lines of Highlander's rig? We'll see.
                    Tony
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

• It is really too bad so many nieve people take it as a racial statement,
                      because a Hugger Orange Bronco with a Confederate flag safari top would
                      be awesome... I wanted a Confederate bimini top on my orange boat bad. lol
                      Last edited by House; 07-31-2007, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by House
                        It is really too bad so many nieve people take it as a racial statement,
                        because a Hugger Orange Bronco with a Confederate flag safari top would
                        be awesome... I wanted a Confederate bimini top on my orange boat bad. lol
                        I will leave that to the guys with 68-69 Chargers... However it would be kinda cool. Maybe a big "01" on the door...
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

• A magnetic one maybe...

On a more serious note, are you planning on spraying your solid color in base/clear or single stage?

Comment

• House... I'm undecided but leaning towards single stage, simply because I'm a beginner, and that many coats is just that many more chances for runs and sags. We'll see. I may see what my primer looks like and let a body shop top coat it.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

• I used single stage. It is Dupont Imron (International Orange) This is considered a industrial enamel, but it is the same 2-part epoxy as automotive the difference is in the pigments. When I first painted my complete bronco (engine bay and underside of tub) I got 6 quarts with hardener for $45, I had a friend that was owed a favor by the paint store owner, I spent more on the primer. But I recently bought 2 quarts w/ hardener at full price and it was only around $60.

This paint has held up well for about 11 years now. I wouldn't use it for a show car but it works perfect for a a Bronco that sees trail use.
                              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Highlander, that is exactly what I wanted to hear... I remember seeing your rig at Fordcore's gathering back in February and thinking that it looked nice, and to know that its single stage paint is that much more encouraging. I will have to look into whether that paint is avaialble in the Bay Area. 11 years is a long time for paint to hold up and still look good. My Bronco won't be a show car but I do want it to look decent, and that paint should fit the bill.

6 quarts for $45??? Incredible.
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X