No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make sure you turn off your water heater.
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68
      I used the garden hose to wet the floor and went to town.
      What does that do?
      Vacaville, Ca
      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Keeps the paint from sticking to the floor. Just spray and wash away.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• The water also helps to keep any dust from blowing up that may have been missed. As far as flammability, you can never be too safe, but if you have one exhaust fan you won't have anything in the air to ignite. I have sprayed hundreds of cabinets with lacquer and automotive paint with the wood stove going in the corner to keep the shop warm enough. To help keep the air coming in clean, pickup a few ac filter elements this will keep the dust and hopefully the bugs off your wet paint. If you have neighbors close by have the fan blow into something to help catch any paint left in the air.

Wear a good respirator and if you have any exposed skin put vaseline on it before painting and it will keep the paint from sticking to you.
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawkfan
            What does that do?

Yup, helps keep the paint from sticking to the floor and helps keeps the dust down from you walking around and dragging the air hose around. Make sure you wear goggles, gloves and a hat too.
            Last edited by crawlin68; 08-21-2007, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Yep I was planning on all of the above. My health is obviously my number one concern - solvent/isocyanate exposure are at the top of that list, followed closely by the risk of fire (if not side by side on that list).
              I have access to most of the personal protective gear needed, but making sure I get all the fumes safely out of the garage and trap the overspray are also big concerns. Maybe its time for a "home paint booth" thread...

I've been searching for info all over the net and finding much of the same info as what's been tossed at me here.

Thanks as usual...
              Tony
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

• A buddy sent me some info on a guy who paints rigs really cheaply... What do you guys think? Looks like he knows what he's doing...
                Attached Files
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                  The water also helps to keep any dust from blowing up that may have been missed. As far as flammability, you can never be too safe, but if you have one exhaust fan you won't have anything in the air to ignite. I have sprayed hundreds of cabinets with lacquer and automotive paint with the wood stove going in the corner to keep the shop warm enough. To help keep the air coming in clean, pickup a few ac filter elements this will keep the dust and hopefully the bugs off your wet paint. If you have neighbors close by have the fan blow into something to help catch any paint left in the air.

Wear a good respirator and if you have any exposed skin put vaseline on it before painting and it will keep the paint from sticking to you.
                  thanks
                  Vacaville, Ca
                  67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• gotta love a guy that minimizes his overhead just to offer competitive pricing.

Last edited by seahawkfan; 08-21-2007, 06:00 PM.
                    Vacaville, Ca

Comment

• Tony,

Here's a spray booth on Craigslist for $500. For that price you could pass it along when you're done.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer
                        Tony,
                        Here's a spray booth on Craigslist for $500. For that price you could pass it along when you're done.
                        If I only had a place for something like that, it would be very nice. I live in a subdivision and my lot is only 7500 square feet... Besides I think that would raise too many eyebrows.

Thanks anyway...
                        Tony
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by CityHick
                          A buddy sent me some info on a guy who paints rigs really cheaply... What do you guys think? Looks like he knows what he's doing...

Now that is fun sh$t right there!! LOL!!

Comment

• No new pix to speak of... I ordered up some bright orange Imron today, it'll be mixed and ready for me early next week. A little spendy but it'll be worth it!

I can't wait to get some paint on my rig, you have no idea. Once I get that behind me, the reassembly job will kick into gear.
                            I'm debating between shooting my roll cage body color or getting it powdercoated black.

Stay tuned... I can see light at the end of the tunnel but I fear its from an oncoming train!
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

• I use regular air conditioning filters to keep the excess paint from excaping. a plastic spray booth will do the trick, Pollyurethane that is.
                              1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

• That's the plan.
                                Question - would you run fans for positive or negative pressure? Or just let the fumes escape without assistance?

I don't plan on shooting a huge amount of paint all at once - my gun holds a quart and I don't paint very fast so the solvent concentration in the air should not get too high.

Tony
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X