No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That thing is gonna POP in the sunlight! Great job.

OT
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• I've seen this freshly painted rig in person. All I can say is WOW, excellent job . Depsite the few flaws Tony mentions, it is outstanding for a first time paint job. Hell, I'll let him paint my rig. . . when I finally get one!

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmain012
        I've seen this freshly painted rig in person. All I can say is WOW, excellent job . Depsite the few flaws Tony mentions, it is outstanding for a first time paint job. Hell, I'll let him paint my rig. . . when I finally get one!

Matt,
        You should come see it now that I've started buffing it out... Looks like it needs another coat but I'm pretty happy with how it's rubbing out.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

• 4 coats of paint + warflares...

I got one step closer over the weekend. The re-paint job went decently well - far less orange peel but I did manage to sag the paint a little on my last coat .
          I sanded and buffed a few of the sags out and I've got a few more to attend to but it's getting there. Tonight I installed the warflares and buffed a little more. I have to bear in mind that this rig is being built for the trail afterall... A few small defects in the paint are manageable.

I need to hammer out some dings on the tailgate and prep it, along with the hood, and the windshield frame, but its getting there. I want to get started on the mechanical side of this project again and start thinking about firing the motor in the next few months.

I also seriously need to do something about those wheels and tires!
          stay tuned...
          Attached Files
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

• Lookin good Tony. Waaaaay better than my rattle can job.
            Jeff
            Vacaville, Ca
            67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Damn! Look at all that room in your garage! The paint looks really good too.
              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• Nice work Tony,

Will you be giving the rest of us some tips when the time comes? Looks great.
                Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
                  Nice work Tony,

Will you be giving the rest of us some tips when the time comes? Looks great.

Thanks for the kind words guys...
                  I'm by no means an expert but I'll absolutely lend advice and assistance when I can. I'm sure a pro would pick my paint job all to pieces but I'm happy with it, being that this is the first vehicle I've ever painted...
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

• Dayummmm! Looks good with the flares on there to contrast. Im going to have to come by to check progress. That rig is almost trail worthy
                    Then we can camp and git sum

Comment

• I know what you mean about being the first car/truck that you've painted. My Bronco was my first. I think yours came out great! The more parts that you bolt on it, the less noticeable your little mistakes will show. Great job!

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68
                        I know what you mean about being the first car/truck that you've painted. My Bronco was my first. I think yours came out great! The more parts that you bolt on it, the less noticeable your little mistakes will show. Great job!
                        Thanks for the encouragement... I've been wondering if more parts would overshadow some flaws - sounds like experience talking.

Originally posted by mcmain012
                        Dayummmm! Looks good with the flares on there to contrast. Im going to have to come by to check progress
                        You and Deb should walk that mutt of yours over one evening... its about a 10 minute walk - 15 if the light is red

Tony
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

• Nice job! Once that thing is back together it's gonna be one sick Bronco.

O.T
                          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• I think we are due for some updates!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mcmain012 View Post
                              I think we are due for some updates!!!

Body work... Endless body work. Getting the grill/hood/windshield frame/tailgate ready for primer and paint. I'm hoping to get the body reassembled by the end of October. Once the body work is behind me I'll start working towards making this thing run!
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

• Outside for the first time

I pulled the Bronco outside for the first time yesterday since painting the body. I'm still doing a bunch of prep work on the remaining pieces, making decent progress.

Do you think I chose a bright enough shade of Orange?
                                Attached Files
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X