Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the part many have been eagarly anticipating, especially myself:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by highlander; 07-02-2007, 12:12 PM.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• A couple more pics:
      Attached Files
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• looking great!
        Rick-
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Looks great! I wanna come see it in person!

Comment

• Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or are you links made out of conduit? Would be cheap and light for mock up.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or are you links made out of conduit? Would be cheap and light for mock up.
              You don't think that will be strong enough, bronco's don't weigh that much?

Actually it is 16 guage post material for chain-link fences. I didn't want to cut a piece of DOM too short
              Last edited by highlander; 05-14-2010, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Looks great! I wanna come see it in person!
                Not a problem, I will be working on it at home most of Tuesday, Wedsday, and Thursday.

Comment

• Looks SMOKIN! Cant wait to hear whether you like it or not. Brackets from PolyPerformance on the frame? If it all works out with you, I plan to buy the same frame brackets there but the rest from Ballistic.

Its gonna be one h*ll of a toss up for me to decide whether follow the 4 link guys here or Wishbone Marc.

I think the only thing I can see a problem is whether you can put your shocks at 45* angle to the Cross Ent. shock hoop?

Comment

• Looks SMOKIN! Cant wait to hear whether you like it or not. Brackets from PolyPerformance on the frame? If it all works out with you, I plan to buy the same frame brackets there but the rest from Ballistic.

Its gonna be one h*ll of a toss up for me to decide whether follow the 4 link guys here or Wishbone Marc.

I think the only thing I can see a problem is whether you can put your shocks at 45* angle to the Cross Ent. shock hoop?
                    I will be running shocks outside the frame and behind the axle. I have the WH shock jocks to put on, although I am not real happy that they only hold the shocks in single shear on top. I might be changing that.
                    As for the Poly brackets the upper link axle brackets were real hard to figure out how to install, mostly because I run a real steep pinion angle. This made the top of my 9" lean really far back and if I ran a truss and mounts square off of it they would hit the crossmember. Plus the brackets are really short, I would of liked long ones that I could cut to the height I needed. What I ended up doing is running a taller truss (no sides yet in the the pictures) and cut the bottom of the brackets off at an angle to lean them forward. I will then run a brace from the backbone truss up to the top truss. If I ran a tube (round or square) truss that could go over the third member this would have solved the crossmember conflict as well.
                    I think when I am all done adding steel to my 9" it will weigh more than a D60.

Comment

• Man, that 4-Link sure is looking good. I need to find some time to get back to work on mine. These pics are good incentive.

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• OOOH MAN! I gotta love that. Once you get it all dialed in, please post up the lengths so us dumb asses can replicate it...
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• It's pretty much set now, I made up the DOM links this morning. Here are my numbers from the calculator.

Wheelbase92.0inUpper LinksxyzStatic Anti-Squat99%Tire Diameter37.00inFrame End37.009.0028.50inRoll Center Height28.4inTire Rolling Radius17.00inAxle End-2.002.5028.50inRoll Axis Angle-0.40

Comment

• Well that didn't work

Comment

• Cool! Lets see the links! I want to drool! What did you use to cut the 2.25 x .375 wall tube? Chop Saw? Did it cut it straight?

Comment

• Maybe it will work this time?
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by highlander; 07-03-2007, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X