Highlander's Bronco Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by highlander
    If you are considering a gear banger, my third stick might interfere with it. There is room to move it over if you were going that route.
    Im calling it a gear shifter..... not one to bang gears!!! BUt the rear attachment will be incorporated into the 3 stick or should i say 4 stick. Well thats the idea in my head atleast..... who knows if it will work
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

• Very nice!
      I have been eyeballing and talking to Jim about a 203 for almost 2 years now.
      I need to @$@# of get off the Pot and buy one.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• I put the C4 back in the bronco and got the shifters all finished up. I had to bend them a little closer together to fit them inside the triple stick boot. I will put the t-cases in next. Here are a few pictures of the cases and shifters assembled, and mounted in the bronco through the floor.
        Attached Files
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• DAMN that looks sweet. Thanks for the pics, NOW i see how a Chevy 203 gets shifted with a doubler set up.

Comment

• WOW! That looks great! Nice boot!

Comment

• DAMN that looks sweet. Thanks for the pics, NOW i see how a Chevy 203 gets shifted with a doubler set up.
              Actually the 203 is out of a Dodge, but I think the only diffrence would be the front input gear spline count and bolt pattern.
              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• WOW! That looks great! Nice boot!
                The boot seems to work, thanks. I think I will make a diffrent plate to mount it to the floor though, that one is a little flimsy. I will get you some $$ next time I see you.

Comment

• I also drilled all the 1" XX pipe used for the pivots out to 5/8" of an inch so that I could install a piece of 5/8" OD 1/2" ID Garolite tube for bushings. I also used nylon washers between each of the shifters. I didn't want any rattles

Comment

• Very nice. I think you should use pexyglase for your tunnel cover.
                    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• That is just too damn pretty!
                      Now I want one
                      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Very nice Steve. You'll be back on the road long before I will EVER be.

Comment

• I love it...be cafeful though, in the direct sun, those shifter knobs may get HOT! I love the way they look though.
                          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• I really need to stop looking at pictures of doublers... its getting very hard to resist temptation with such nice examples on this board. Looks good, keep up the good work and let us all know how it drives!

Tony
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

• Highlander,

That doubler sure is looking good. The triple stick looks very clean. How much did it add to your overall drivetrain length?
                              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Well I had a piece of 3/8" aluminum left over from some motorcycle parts I fabbed so I decided to start making a plate to go around the shifters. I didn't get very far with this because my jigsaw is on a job location, but I had plenty of aluminum so I decided to make some new covers for the t-cases.
                                I cut the square plates out on a table saw using a nonferrous medal blade, then cut the corners several times to make them almost round with a miter saw. I used a belt sander to smooth out the corners and saw marks. At this point they looked good but I wanted them to look similar to my trans pan so I cut grooves in them with a milling bit in my router table. I then sand blasted and painted them. Once the paint was dry I sanded the ridges down bare with a belt sander. I put a coat of clear over everything and then installed them on the cases. What do you think, there not perfect but I don't have a cnc mill or even a mill!!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by highlander; 04-02-2008, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X