Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Highlander's Bronco Upgrades

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
    Looks great Steve! Looks like you are all dialed in for this weekend. How do think WH 3.5 coils front and rear would work?
    It should be pretty balanced depending upon the ballast of the truck, mine has more weight on the back axle. I originally had the WH 5.5" in front with the WH 3.5" in the back and that worked OK, but I like this setup better.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Your flex looks awesome. This is the way I'm going and I'm glad to hear and see that it worked out. Saweet.......
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
        Well I was supposed to go wheeling today with Crawln68, but I didn't get my rig back together so I spent some time fabbing up my track bar riser and ram assist mounts today. Here is what I came up with for my 78-79 HP D44 narrowed w/ BC's WAH, I used the cast track bar bolt hole to bolt up the bottom of the bracket. I still need to weld it to the housing.
        did you debate whether to use dana 60's instead?
        What can I fix next?

Comment

Originally posted by 5150bronco View Post
          did you debate whether to use dana 60's instead?
          At the time no, but now I wish I would have. I have been looking for a decently priced D60 for some time.
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

And the part many have been eagarly anticipating, especially myself:
            Very nice. I am doing this now 4link rear and 3 link front. familyman told me to check out your build since I was discussing using the poly link kit for bronco's.

I would like to ask some questions and maybe learn a thing or two from your build if possible. Thanks.

appreciate the hard work.

oh, how do you like or did the kit from poly work out for you?
            Last edited by 5150bronco; 08-09-2009, 11:58 PM.
            What can I fix next?

Comment

Now that I have looked back thru your thread and seen the speedytrac, I am seriously reconsidering sellin my white doors and gettin a white top. Screw worryin about gettin it dirty!

Comment

that is flex'n up huge steve, looks really good.
                72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by 5150bronco View Post
                  Very nice. I am doing this now 4link rear and 3 link front. familyman told me to check out your build since I was discussing using the poly link kit for bronco's.

I would like to ask some questions and maybe learn a thing or two from your build if possible. Thanks.

appreciate the hard work.

oh, how do you like or did the kit from poly work out for you?
                  The poly kit went in very easily, and I am very pleased with it. The only thing I want to change is to move the rear axle back more. I didn't at the time because I didn't want to cut into my tub and frame, but eventually I will probably stretch it back another 4-5".

Comment

The poly kit went in very easily, and I am very pleased with it. The only thing I want to change is to move the rear axle back more. I didn't at the time because I didn't want to cut into my tub and frame, but eventually I will probably stretch it back another 4-5".
                    cool. glad it is approved. i was thinking of getting it for the front too.

what do you think?

I have heard several people say the same thing about moving axle so I am going to move it forward and back now. maybe 4-6 both.

could you explain what you would do in setting up the link setup, positioning/centering of axle when moving the axle back? not really step by step but close maybe so I could get an idea of what that looks likes.

thanks for your help!
                    What can I fix next?

Comment

Working...
                    X