No announcement yet.

Highlander's Bronco Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forgot to mention that I added one more hole to the adapter because in the final clocked position one of the holes was to far off the mounting surface to make drill. So I doubled up on one side of it. You can see it in the photo with all the bolts in the holes. The extra hole was drilled in the adapter and uses one of the holes from the case that I made in my first clocking pattern.
    Last edited by highlander; 04-02-2008, 08:35 PM.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• I also took a ton of measurements, but it looks like I might be able to fit all this in there without cutting into my tunnel. It's tight though, I won't know for certain until I have the C4 back and it all installed (It should be back Mon or Tues). The 203 is much taller than the D20 and it stops right at the point where the tunnel comes down and touches the floor. If anything I will have to lengthen the tunnel a few inches and notch the body brace. I may do this anyway to allow me to push the whole drivetrain up a few more inches.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• nice headers!
        what dipstick tube is that??? i can seem to get mine to fin anymore... whats the secret
        thanks
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• That is a stock tube and dipstick from a 88 5.0 out of a lincoln Mark VII (goes in the side of the block)
          Last edited by highlander; 04-02-2008, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• What shift lever is that on the 203, custom or stock. Mine only the lever for the 2 wheel of 4 wheel. Looking good.
            70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

• What shift lever is that on the 203, custom or stock. Mine only the lever for the 2 wheel of 4 wheel. Looking good.

There are two levers, the one with the small hole is the high/low and the other with the large whole which actually installed wrong is to engage/disengage the locking diffrential (if your case was converted to partime than it would be in and out of 4wd) it usually goes on before the other but I threw it on there to take some measurements if I made the other arm straight. I am in the middle of designing my shifters. I think I have it all figured out I just need to pick up some steel and heims.

Comment

• mine must have converted bc there are two shafts the high/low is inside the prt time shaft. I never knew that was a mod on the 203 back then. I'll be waitin on pics of your shifters
                70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

• I picked up the C4 yesterday, no major damage but the clutches were worn all the way to metal. I am pretty sure this is due to driving all these years with inadequate cooling and no temp gauge. The in radiator coolers are far from enough cooling for my application. Hopefully the new cooler setup I put in a while back will prolong the life of this rebuild.

Now I just need the rebuild parts for the 203 to hurry up and show up.

Comment

• So when does the shinny new tranny and doubler go in? Are you still planning on doing the 4-link before the Moonlight run?

Comment

• So when does the shinny new tranny and doubler go in? Are you still planning on doing the 4-link before the Moonlight run?
                      Well first I have to make the doubler shiny and new, the rebuild parts showed up today. Yes the 4-link is going in. I don't know if I will make it by the moonlight run, work has kept me from getting things done on the Bronco. Plus India is off from teaching for the summer and has found lots of ways to distract me. She is going to Europe for three weeks in July so if I'm not done before she leaves I won't have any excuse while she's gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                        Well first I have to make the doubler shiny and new, the rebuild parts showed up today. Yes the 4-link is going in. I don't know if I will make it by the moonlight run, work has kept me from getting things done on the Bronco. Plus India is off from teaching for the summer and has found lots of ways to distract me. She is going to Europe for three weeks in July so if I'm not done before she leaves I won't have any excuse while she's gone.

Man, that will be nice to have 3 weeks to work on the Bronco. Can my wife go with her?

Comment

• I have the triple sticks almost done, I need to pick up some bolts and a 5/8" NF die to thread the shifters. I used 5/8" rod for shifters, and the shifter knobs are stainless (from McMaster Carr). The linkage is made from5/16" rod threaded at each end for 5/16" heims. The fulcrum is 1" XX pipe and a 9/16" bolt, for the fulcrum.
                          If I measured everything right they will fit in the existing shifter hole, it just need to widened some towards the center of the tunnel.
                          Does anybody know a good source for a triple stick shifter boot?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by highlander; 06-14-2007, 01:45 PM.

Comment

• VERY NICE dude! That looks great! Don't forget to put jam nuts on your threaded shifter linkage so it doesn't spin from vibration and fall out of the heim joint. (don't ask me how I know this)

Comment

• Triple stick boot can be gotten from JB customs, I believe. They sell twin sticks and boots on ebay. I will do the research and get back to you on the triple stick boots.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomEB
                                Triple stick boot can be gotten from JB customs, I believe. They sell twin sticks and boots on ebay. I will do the research and get back to you on the triple stick boots.

Yes they do make a triple stick boot. I bought one from JB Fab and then found that it wouldn't work for me the way my shifters are set up. Let me know if you want it.

Comment

Working...
                                X