No announcement yet.

Highlander's Bronco Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those inserts look great. I think the black doors will match the rear quarter protectors nicely. Man your rig has come a long way. Have you done all the work your self?

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Man, why did you get rid of the scalops. Those where awesome
      Almost as nice as the poacher rack, which by the way I still have if anyone is interested
      Those inserts look great. I think the black doors will match the rear quarter protectors nicely. Man your rig has come a long way. Have you done all the work your self?
      Thanks, I had a little help from a friend painting it the first time. I had someone setup the gears for me and rebuild the tranny. I also had the motors machined, but I assembled them. Other than that all the problems and flaws are my fault.
      Last edited by highlander; 04-27-2007, 09:16 PM.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

That black set the rig off! Looks sweet
        Tony
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I reassembled every thing. I used some 1/8" x 1.5" aluminum to reinforce the hinges and latches. I ripped some Trex deck down to 5/8" x 4" to place under the step portion for a little more strength. I figured the trex wouldn't hold moisture or corrode. I will put some grip tape over the steps to keep them from scuffing and hopefully prevent me from falling on my ass getting in or out.
          Attached Files
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

'88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Uuummmm...WOW!
              Vacaville, Ca
              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

What a difference those inserts and doors make. Makes me want to put mine back on and make some soft doors, but, it's too hot.
                67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Damn Steve, that looks good...
                  Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                  I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

SWEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!!
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Yup I think I need some inserts and soft doors now!

Comment

Man, that looks really nice Steve!

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words

Comment

More kind words... that looks great!!! Also like the idea of using the Trex boards to reinforce the inserts. A friend of mine has had problems with his cracking there.

I made the decision to keep my hard top on as a daily driver. Seeing those pics makes me wish I had room to store my top for the warm months, and go the same route as you did.
                            1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                            I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

More kind words... that looks great!!! Also like the idea of using the Trex boards to reinforce the inserts. A friend of mine has had problems with his cracking there.

I made the decision to keep my hard top on as a daily driver. Seeing those pics makes me wish I had room to store my top for the warm months, and go the same route as you did
                              I know how that goes mine had he top on year round for the 10 years that mine was a daily driver. Plus I was going to school so the ability to lock it up was nice.
                              I was initially going to use some aluminum plate to reinforce it but I only had 3/8", 3/4". and 1" stock laying around, and its a solid hour to get down to the medal yard. I needed something 5/8" to fit the space, but most people would need 3/4", my door sills are rhino lined.

Comment

steve that is really bitch'n
                                and thanks again for the pump.
                                72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Working...
                                X