No announcement yet.

Highlander's Bronco Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.....I was considering painting my corner protectors orange too, what do you think. I kind of like the rattle can finish for ease of touch up.
    If they will blend in paint them orange, but if they stand out leave them black. (I like the way they look now) It would be nice to be able to touch them up when needed. Could you have your orange paint put in a spray can?
    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

It's no big deal to put the auto paint on, the pain is that it is so thick when it scratches it leaves big scratches to fill, where cheap rattle cans leave a thin coat. I will probably leave them black for now.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I think the flat black on the corners kinda sets it off. Just my .02.
        Tony
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket
          I think the flat black on the corners kinda sets it off. Just my .02.
          Tony
          X2, easy touch up as you said also
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Are your jonny joints still on back order?

Comment

Are your jonny joints still on back order?
              Yes
              Currie had a national backorder, PP told me I would get them several weeks ago. Currie told them there order was being filled and when it came they only received 18 joints when they ordered a whole pallet. I guess there was a few people in line before me.
              I am about to start looking for an alternative. I wanted to get links before this summer, I may have to wait unitl after wheeling season.
              Last edited by highlander; 04-26-2007, 10:04 PM.
              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

The back order was the reason I ordered Ballistic flex joints, and now that they're back ordered too, I'm starting to wonder if they aren't really Jonny Joints also (just $10 more expensive). Ballistic offered to upgrade me to Rod ends for a great deal just to keep me going, but I'd rather have a rebuildable joint than a rod end.

Comment

Still waiting? Glad I decided to wait on starting another mod to the pig. Need to finish to many other things now. Hope your wait ends soon, can't wait to see what you come up with.
                  Tony
                  1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I yanked the doors and test fitted the new to me JD inserts and Kayline half doors. They went in real easy no trimminng or cutting. I need to make a run to town for some SS screws and pull them back off and apply some paint.
                    Has any one had experience with these half doors, the hinges are just bolted through the fiberglass insert. What is the best way to reinforce the hinge? Would a long aluminum strap running behind both hinges be enough or should I try to connect it to the door post?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Go with the long bar behind the inserts. That sounds like it would be easy and add a lot of strength to the hinges so they don't have a chance to tear out. Even big fender washers would be better than nothing.

Bronco looks real good. Have you looked at before and after pictures side by side since you've started the transformation?

Comment

Well for those that haven't seen the before pics. The one is what this body and frame looked like when I bought it 12 years ago. The other is how it looked early last summer.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by highlander; 04-27-2007, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I've got the inserts and half doors, I used large diameter washers behind the hinges, used them that way for 5 years in the dry season without any fiberglass cracking. When I'm offroad I take the doors off, that might help with saving the inserts from cracking.

Comment

I got the inserts and the quarter where I filled the gas cap holes painted. Now I just have to wait and then put it back together.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by highlander; 04-27-2007, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Man, why did you get rid of the scalops. Those where awesome
                              Marc D.
                              If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Those look sweet Steve!

Comment

Working...
                                X