No announcement yet.

Highlander's Bronco Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I thought changing the original title would rename the thread, but I guess not.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

That looks good! Now that you clearanced the front inner fenders, does the tire still rub when stuffed? You will really like the War Flares!

Oh yeah, I renamed the thread and moved into the project forum because Broncos are never done. Just an on going "project".

Comment

Thanks Patrick, I didn't twist it up yet but I will in the light tomorrow. I think it will all clear though, I still have the 2" body lift to add (1" now.)
        Now that I cut and welded on the body I need to do some more painting.
        By the way things are looking good for me to be able to go Sunday. I will be down at the yard tomorrow so will get the materials to make up some ramps for the trailer.
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

That sounds good. This should be a fun trip! Lets hope for no rain!!!

Comment

looks really good.
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Now that you clearanced the front inner fenders, does the tire still rub when stuffed?
              I think I got it to where it just barely touches, once the extra body lift is in I should be good. I rolled all the edges so if it does rub it will be on a flat surface.
              Last edited by highlander; 11-08-2007, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Right on! Now you should be ready to rock!

Are you still planning on going Sunday?

Comment

Here some pics of it all fiinished the flexing is without it rolled. It still rubbed a little so I rolled and pushed them up a liitle more. Here are some close ups of it finished.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by highlander; 03-04-2007, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Are you still planning on going Sunday?
                    Yes, I will definitly be going. Do you still need a tow?

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
                      Yes, I will definitly be going. Do you still need a tow?

Yeah that would be awesome if you don't mind stopping by my place and loading mine on too. I'll pitch in for fuel too.

Nice work on the inner fenders. Isn't it always fun to get out the BFH and get out some aggressions!?

Comment

Nice work on the inner fenders. Isn't it always fun to get out the BFH and get out some aggressions!?
                        Yes, it is. After pounding on it it wouldn't start, so I looked around and I managed knock all 4 of the EFI relays out of the sockets. I just put the flares on the front and am working on the backs now. I was going to paint where I welded up the gas caps and the inner fender wells but I forgot to pick up the catalyst/hardener for the paint. So it will have some brown primer spots.
                        Do you have a set of binders or tie downs for your Bronco? I have tons of chains and two binders. I also have large ratchet straps, but I prefer chains. If you don't I will pick a couple up, I need more anyway.
                        What time do you think we should get on the road from your place?

Comment

I have the basket straps that go on each tire, but I don't have any chains or binders. You want to met me at my house around 9 or 9:30?

Comment

I have the basket straps that go on each tire, but I don't have any chains or binders. You want to met me at my house around 9 or 9:30?
                            I will see you then!
                            Last edited by highlander; 11-08-2007, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by highlander
                              I will see then!

Cool. If it's any easier for you, I can meet you on 168 somewhere. At Temperance and 168 there is a Starbucks. We could meet there and load mine up in the parking lot. That would save you from having to drive to my house. What do you think?

Comment

Hey I just looked up Livermore on Mapquest and it's further than I thought from here. You want to leave a little earlier?

Comment

Working...
                                X