Highlander's Bronco Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by highlander
    I sure did, It was difficult to wait so long between welds too!
    By the way thanks for telling me that after it is all welded, what if I didn't know?
    You work way to fast for me...I just couldn't keep up. Every time I freaking check this post you have done a complete restoration on the damn thing...
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• That is looking really nice Steve! The truss looks like it's bomb proof! Like FM, I can't wait to see how it performs on the trails.

Delta makes a good Monday Morning Quarterback, huh!? LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68
        That is looking really nice Steve! The truss looks like it's bomb proof! Like FM, I can't wait to see how it performs on the trails.

Delta makes a good Monday Morning Quarterback, huh!? LOL!
        i really don't like you...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• A little more done, every thing for the 4-link is done. I need to bleed the brakes and install the shock mounts on the frame. I've been holding off on the shock mounts until I decide exactly which shocks to buy, I am leaning towards some 14" short body Bilstein 7100's. Drivshafts are ordered as it turned out I couldn't swap the slip yokes the one from my old rear shaft had twisted the splines so the front won't go in it (that would have been temporary anyway).
          Other than that to get it rolling, I just need to install the fuel tank, plumb new fuel lines (again), and build the t-case crossmembers. Almost forgot it needs exhaust from the headers back and I'm sure there something else I'm forgetting.
          Last edited by highlander; 07-05-2007, 05:04 PM.
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Speaking of forgetting things, here is the pictures.
            Attached Files
            69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Man, thats looking awesome. Can't wait to see how it performs on the trail! Very nice job!
              1966 U13
              393W, C4, 4 Wheel Disc brakes, Power Steering, Hydroboost, 5.5" Suspension, 2" body, BFG 35x12.5's, Big Bearing 9" Detroit soft locker, Yukon 31 Spline Axles, HP D44 Aussie locker.

Comment

• Oooooooooooooooooooooo, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Looks awesome!

Comment

• Looks Amazing!!!

Aaron
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• FINALLY someone completes a rear 4 link project. Now hurry up and wheel it so the rest of us can hear what you think of it and be a bunch of copycats!

Comment

• I think I will do the same damn thing...looks awesome. It is going to ride sweet and smooth in the rear.

Comment

• Very Highlander
                        That is some fine work and Delta is right "man you work fast"

FM <><
                        72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                        1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

• Ssssweeeetttt!!!!!!!
                          Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

• Crossmembers are done, I just need to let the paint dry on the back and it will go in. I used 1.50 x .095 wall DOM and the bushings are out of my leaf springs. I will post a pick with them both in later when the paint drys. Here is the front installed.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by highlander; 11-08-2007, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• And here is the back waiting to go in.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• sweet recycle job!
                                (o==o)

Comment

Working...
                                X