Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhantomEB
    Triple stick boot can be gotten from JB customs, I believe. They sell twin sticks and boots on ebay. I will do the research and get back to you on the triple stick boots.

Yes they do make a triple stick boot. I bought one from JB Fab and then found that it wouldn't work for me the way my shifters are set up. Let me know if you want it.

I'll take it!
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• By the way if I did this again I would probably use 1/2" rod for the shifters, I found out after the fact that the selection of shifter knobs are much better in 1/2" and smaller. Or if I had a lathe I might turn down the ends before bending them.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• I think I'm going to use ur idea on how you mounted the triple shifter......very nice.
        70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

• I got the 203 case blasted, masked, and painted. Now I can start putting it back together, if can I rememeber how it came apart
          Attached Files

Comment

• I think I'm going to use ur idea on how you mounted the triple shifter......very nice.
            If you are considering a gear banger, my third stick might interfere with it. There is room to move it over if you were going that route.

Comment

• So do you think a single cross memeber under the C4/203 adapter would be enough or should I try to fit one between the 203/20 either over or under? WH uses one over with there 435/203/20 and most other adapters have mounts on the bottom between the 203 and transfer case (like patricks)
              Here is a few pics of what I am thinking and how the WH kit is:
              Attached Files
              Last edited by highlander; 04-02-2008, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• crossmember

Based on the pics, I'd be inclined to find a way to support everything between the D20 and the 203. If you only run support between the C4 and the 203, then there's a pretty hefty weight hanging off that aluminum adapter. Maybe I'm too much of a worry-wart, but that much moment on that long aluminum sleeve would make me nervous. And if the weight of the 203 and D20 are anywhere close to equal, then the load is nicely balanced if you run the support between them.

Had a thought on your shifter setup... When I installed my NV4500 I bought a shifter cane from Advance Adapters that was threaded 10mm at the end for an ugly Dodge knob that came with it. I wanted to use a 3/8-24 threaded knob that I already had. I cut the 10mm threaded part of the shifter cane off flush (cane is probably around 5/8" OD). Then I drilled/tapped the end of the cane for 3/8-24 Eyeballed the hole using my trusty Milwaukee drill motor. Cut a piece of appropriate all-thread long enough to screw into the shifter can and stick out far enough for the knob plus jam nut, then used some loctite to keep it in the shifter cane.

Just a suggestion for a way to get a different thread on your shifters if you want/need to.
                1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

• Based on the pics, I'd be inclined to find a way to support everything between the D20 and the 203. If you only run support between the C4 and the 203, then there's a pretty hefty weight hanging off that aluminum adapter. Maybe I'm too much of a worry-wart, but that much moment on that long aluminum sleeve would make me nervous. And if the weight of the 203 and D20 are anywhere close to equal, then the load is nicely balanced if you run the support between them.

Had a thought on your shifter setup... When I installed my NV4500 I bought a shifter cane from Advance Adapters that was threaded 10mm at the end for an ugly Dodge knob that came with it. I wanted to use a 3/8-24 threaded knob that I already had. I cut the 10mm threaded part of the shifter cane off flush (cane is probably around 5/8" OD). Then I drilled/tapped the end of the cane for 3/8-24 Eyeballed the hole using my trusty Milwaukee drill motor. Cut a piece of appropriate all-thread long enough to screw into the shifter can and stick out far enough for the knob plus jam nut, then used some loctite to keep it in the shifter cane.

Just a suggestion for a way to get a different thread on your shifters if you want/need to.
                  I figured I needed more support with both TC's, I guess I was just hoping I could get off easy.
                  I thought about your idea with the shifter, but I found the ones shown and I am satisfied with them. I could redo them later, I seem to do a lot of that.
                  Last edited by highlander; 06-15-2007, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                    I could redo them later, I seem to do a lot of that.
                    You mean I'm not the only one??
                    1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
                    I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

• Well, I got a few things done today even after doing the Father's day Breakfast with my dad, and Lunch with my future father in law.

I reassembled the 203 range box. I tore down, blasted, painted and reassembled the Dana 20. Including installing the HD 32 spline rear output shaft. I also modified the shift rails so that I can have front wheel drive and not be able to put front and back in opposite ranges (the pills stay in). I also built up the detent for rear low range so that it won't pop out of 2 low.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• If any one is curious this is the guide I used to rebuild the D20:

http://www.azbronco.com/dana20.htm

I modified the shift rails using this:
                        http://www.wt4x4.net/tech/twinstick.htm
                        The 203 I didn't find any manuals but I used this page to figure out where everything went:
                        http://www.offroaders.com/tech/Diagrams/ford-np203.jpg

Also one trick I figured out that made installing the gears with all the needle bearings easier is to shove a deep throat socket slightly smaller than the counter shaft inside the gear to hold all the needle bearings in along with grease. Then it just pushes out when you push the counter shaft through. On the 203 I used two sockets to be long enough. I also held the thrust washers in place with sockets stuck in each end of the case as I dropped the gear in place.
                        Last edited by highlander; 07-02-2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm curious to see how the rail mod shifts when it's done. I used http://www.broncoii4x4.com/watermar...shiftrails2.jpg as a guide, and it shifted fine before I added the springs on top of the pills, now I can shift into any gear except front low. I guess I didn't get something quite right, or it might need to break in.
                          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• I was able to shift it into all gears with the mod on the bench, with this mod to shift either into low the other has to be in neutral or low already.

Comment

• Looking good Steve! So are you gonna be ready to roll on Sat?

Comment

• Looking good Steve! So are you gonna be ready to roll on Sat?
                                Not unless I take the week off work, I haven't even touched the 4-link yet. The drivetrain is ready to go back in, but I still need to make up a crossmember or two. then measure for drivshafts. I will be stripping the leaf stuff off the frame next.
                                I will just have to wait until next year for moonlight madness. I will have it going soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X