No announcement yet.

Highlander's Bronco Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I wish that I could have gone with you. I would like to have seen you climb up Posi Hill. I was afraid that you might end up with the bounce like some other dummy has. LOL!

Anyway, at least it's an easy fix. That's one nice thing about the 4-link, it is easily adjustable for fine tuning things the way you want it. I still want to see it in person.

Comment

• Man I wish that I could have gone with you. I would like to have seen you climb up Posi Hill. I was afraid that you might end up with the bounce like some other dummy has. LOL!

Anyway, at least it's an easy fix. That's one nice thing about the 4-link, it is easily adjustable for fine tuning things the way you want it. I still want to see it in person.
      Any time, just let me know when you get up here and we will hit a trail.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• I used the backhoe to twist it up today, and get a final measurement for shocks. I also measured how much it articulates now. Front tire up it goes to 42", and back tire up it goes to 45" (measured from the ground to the lowest point on the tire.) This is with the one rear shock disconnected, but the new ones should work in this range, if I measured right. So here are more poser shots:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by highlander; 07-20-2007, 01:01 PM.
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Looks awesome! Do you know how high it would go before the 4-link? Just wondering what the gain was?

Comment

• Looks awesome! Do you know how high it would go before the 4-link? Just wondering what the gain was?
            Front tire up 40" and rear tire up 42"

Comment

• '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• Originally posted by FFMDX
                What he said... X2, plus a and a .
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

• It looks like you don't get very much rear steer from the pics. How is it in person. When I have a rear stuffed hard, I get some with mine. My tire pushes into the rear of the inner fender pretty hard. I did stretch mine three inches though.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Very little, it is amazing how much less room in the rear fenders that the tires take up now. With the leaf springs they would rub either the front or back depending on how it was twisted. Now it is always in the same spot. I could even move my axle back almost 2" more and it still wouldn't hit.
                    On the calculator I tried to keep the rollsteer as neutral as possible, but when I increase the AS it will increase a little too but not much.

Comment

• Good looking flex. Do you have an emergency hooked up?
                      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• Good looking flex. Do you have an emergency hooked up?
                        If you mean emergency brake, yes I still have the stock drum e-brakes hooked up using extended cables from WH.

Comment

• That looks so freaking cherry....
                          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Sweet
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• .....So here are more poser shots:
                              Call em' poser shots if you want to, but I think they look great. Great work!!!
                              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Highlander why do you have to tease us

You know you have started something, Thanks

FM <><
                                72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                                1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Working...
                                X