Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFMDX's SLOW Build

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
    Sweet, made it home the long way without a hitch, except for the CHP on hwy 92 in Hayward............time for mud flaps.....plus he was a Heeper!
    Should have given him the code 4
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

He was actually pretty cool about it.......

SO...in the spirit of mud flaps, post up your mounts! IF ya got 'em
      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

thinking about the naked lady ones?
        71 Bronco
        EFI, ZF, Atlas 4.3, 35" BFG's, Explorer serp, hydroboost, 4 wheel disks, Lars Bars, Protofab bumpers, Warn winch,
        Mastercraft seats.

Build thread

ZF swap

Comment

Oh yeah! Rock on!
          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

What I did is I mounted some mudflaps to a piece of 1"X1" box, and have two holes in it and the mudflap that line up to two studs I welded on the backside of my rear bumper. I slide them on, and secure it with wing nuts. Takes about a minute to mount or remove.
            On a different note, I have had this set up for about seven years, and the mudflaps have been on about four times. I did however get a fixit ticket about two years ago for not having them on.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I've been wondering how soon I'll get nailed for flaps, especially since I bobbed the rear corners. He didn't say anything about flares covering the tires?

A heeper cop giving tickets for mud flaps... lame. 16+ mpg - awesome!
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Might want to rethink the union sticker. Seems to be a red flag these days....Just kidding! Wear it proud. At least he was cool about it. Like the new paint. It has a mad max look to it!
                74, Banana yellow, on 4-Ton Jack stands, waiting for more overtime. Soon: 37's, NV4500, Atlas, Full width 44/9" sigpic

Comment

I saw it in person today, and it looks awesome!

Comment

• What to do.......

Well, here it goes:

The FF Olympics found a major weak spot on my rig on the FIRST Whoop-de-Whoops. My HP D44 yoke ate up my exhaust where it crosses under the back of the motor. This grenaded my trunion caps and u-bolts, which, in-turn smacked everything else in its' way after the front DL let go.

I fixed the front DL (scabbed together diff size caps in order to make a Spicer fit a borg warner...) Thanx PLUG UGLY!. Got 'er back on the trail, with an obvious exhaust leak.....thought it was the cross-over....buuuttt....NOPEthe friggin' header bolts on the driver side pulled out of my alum. head. (Heli-coils coming soon).

Now: I installed a set of front coil rockers which raised my front end ~ 1.5 - 2" with 4.5" Duff coils. I'm running WH 5.5" leafs. I've got a few options to level this thing out:

1: Lift blocks in the rear (2.5")
                    2: BCB leaf rockers (not a big fan)
                    3: Shackle flip
                    4: 3.5" linear coils and small block in back.

(I talked to WH this AM, and it sounds like their extra leaf would only help out by a .5" if lucky.

What do you think?????

TIA

Comment

I think : take out the coil rockers...
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Coil rockers were installed to gain clearance btwn the HP pinion/DL and bottom of motor. My center section is more center than driver (thanks to the PO).

Comment

sean, have you driven that thing with the front rockers? Im just wondering if they woulod cause death wobble.

Personally, Id Get rid of the rockers, and if needed lower the buckets for the extra height needed.
                          If you have blocks, run them. IIRC, you have a torque arm in the back. As long as you tension the ubolts properly, you shouldn't have a problem. If you dont have blocks (and my personal preference is to), go for the shackle flip. just flipping the stock hanger would net you the half the length of the shackle. That would be free. If you needed a little more lift, I would try to find someone dumping a chevy overload leaf. They are about .5 to .75 thick IIRC, and the benefit to this would be it can mount to the spring pack, and not potentially spit out. Either option will work, since you have the torque arm.

One thing with the shackle flip to consider is, and I dont know, but in the big bronco world, the factory shackles tend to be a litle weak, and bend at the ears. If they are similar, you may want to either reinforce it, or go to a flat plate style shackle like Ruffstuff sells, and mak the hanger a bushing.
                          Last edited by plug ugly; 07-23-2010, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I haven't driven it just yet. The rockers were installed yesterday. They came off of Familyman's rig, and I know he didn't have death wobble. The rockers rotate foward and back as opposed to side to side if that make a diff. or not.

And yup, I've got an anti-wrap bar.

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                              I haven't driven it just yet. The rockers were installed yesterday. The rockers rotate foward and back as opposed to side to side if that make a diff. or not.
                              what???? that sounds like it will spin/rotate the pumpkin up and down???? Least breakage,, Ujoints,,, worst breakage Radius arms/drivelines and steering .. That is a lot of pressure on your radius arms...
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                                what???? that sounds like it will spin/rotate the pumpkin up and down???? Least breakage,, Ujoints,,, worst breakage Radius arms/drivelines and steering .. That is a lot of pressure on your radius arms...
                                How could it cause the axel to rotate? the radius arms "rotate" back on the frame. The C's are a "solid", stationary point. the pivoting buckets relieve stress on the coil

Comment

Working...
                                X