Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFMDX's SLOW Build

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
    what???? that sounds like it will spin/rotate the pumpkin up and down???? Least breakage,, Ujoints,,, worst breakage Radius arms/drivelines and steering .. That is a lot of pressure on your radius arms...
    Agreed that sounds like a recipe for disaster. My vote is to ditch those rockers. Adding blocks to your rear leafs is going to make your rig sit pretty damn high - yours is already as tall as mine is, and mine can be a bit of a handful in the off-camber stuff. I've never scared myself too bad with it, but I certainly would not want to go much higher. If anything I'll drop mine an inch or two.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Since you have a ton of $ into the front end...

Can You....
      Get another, low profile oil pan?
      Raise the engine?

EDIT:
      I think what Aaron is thinking is that driving foward will make the axle want to rotate and put stress on the arms. Now the arms are fixed in the front but after a while of use I would think that the bushing will wear quicker because the axle is pressing/squishing the c-bushing in one direction 99% of the time.

For a trail rig, Why not. But freeway speeds, nope. Just my thoughts
      Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 07-23-2010, 03:16 PM.
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Since the rocker is mounted to the top of the radius arm there will be no additional stresses on the bushings.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Early Christmas Present to me....

Warn HS 9500i with 12V Guy in-cab controller. The guy I got it from is going to "warranty out" the rope and build/cut some new power cables as well,,,,,
          Attached Files
          '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

who hoo.
            KK6DAD
            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

SAWEET!!!!

Comment

Very nice.
                72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                  Very nice.
                  Now get to work on it so it will roll under it's own power...

2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                  1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                  2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                    Now get to work on it so it will roll under it's own power...

Baby steps my friend....BABY steps!!!!
                    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

no shit, you ever get that head replaced?

Comment

I've been given permission, but not a lot of time....so the shorter answer is nope.....

soon though................soon. I'm actually leaning towards the option of having a guy make a house call from a machine shop to helicoil it....

Comment

• EFI Timing Question

Alright, I've done this a few times and my rig has started every time, even now, HOWEVER...I'm trying to set the timing to 10* BTDC and my dist is hitting my fuel rail,,, and am only able to set it to 20*.

Should I start over and stab the dist again, and have the TFI positioned for more "adjustment" later? OR something else??

TIA
                          Sean
                          Last edited by FFMDX; 03-08-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

You can put the dizzy wherever you want. Its the rotorand plug wire location that matter. Id pull it and reset. If you just need a little and the distributor shaft wont line up wit the oil pump, use a 1/4" 1/4 drive deep socket with a long extension and rotate it to where you need it.
                            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Thanks Carl, that's what I figured. Hopefully I'll get some time this 4-day to do it....

Comment

Finally got off my arse and brought it in for some exhaust work... Of course the day I bring it in, it's pissing rain and a sh$t load of traffic.....
                                Allen at West Coast Muffler in Citrus Heights is doing it; we were under my rig talking about routing and any/all options.

I'll pick her up in a couple hrs
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X