FFMDX's SLOW Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFMDX's SLOW Build

dont know if you've found your problem yet, but i had a similar issue with air pockets getting trapped around temp senders and sending false signals. i think you said you were heating up to like 220 but the t stat was reading 195? where's your sender for the gauge. i bought a new t stat housing with the provision for a temp sender for like $15 at car quest i think. also you can buy the air bleeders straight from summit that go in your radiator hose with a petcock on it. good luck finding the problem,
    jonas

Comment

Wow, haven't updated anything since 3/09...holy crap batman!

I got a little time in and finally installed my "new to me" family cage built by Familyman. I had to modify the front and rear seat mounts, frame tie-in's, as well as a bunch-o-tubing on the front end of it so it would fit my EB.

Next is to re-install my acc'y harness, console, and seats as well a re-locate a couple of rock lites. The on to the tube doors and full soft top and reat storage rack.....Here are a few pix.........

(sorry, pix were take with my phone)
      Attached Files
      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Wow Sean, that's a lot of progress since I last saw it, and it hasn't been that long really...
        Are you going to be wheeling that beast this summer? You are closer now than you've been in a while.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

wheel with us..... come on.....
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Very nice Sean, Looks great
            69 bronco 302 670 holley TA NV4500/Atlas 3.8 29 spl. in 32 out 4.5 bc lift 3" body D44 Locked - 9" Currie/strange with daytona PS and 1350 yoke. Warn full floater Locked 35" MTR's beadlocked 4 wheel disc most parts are still on shelf, But 1 day

Comment

• New skin....kinda

Nuttin' like a $30 paint job!

Drover her into work this AM. Longest trip since the 'Con ~ 3yrs ago
              Attached Files
              '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Look'n good there bud! Hard to tell from the picture, is that a dark grey color?

Comment

Yup, Duplicolor Gun Metal Grey Metallic....thanx!

Comment

That is a nice color. I'm not going to recognize your rig anymore...
                    So when's that triple trail trip you keep talking about?
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Paint looks good. I drove mine to work today also. Felt good.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

looking good! I will be out working on mine Sat getting ready for the con!
                        WT 4x4
                        91' One Ton Bronco
                        1971 Bronco
                        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

• Re: New skin....kinda

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                          Nuttin' like a $30 paint job!

Drover her into work this AM. Longest trip since the 'Con ~ 3yrs ago
                          I will confirm that he did drive it in.... And it looked good
                          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

• Re: New skin....kinda

Right on!
                            Mark Harris
                            71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Sweet, made it home the long way without a hitch, except for the CHP on hwy 92 in Hayward............time for mud flaps.....plus he was a Heeper!

Still jazzed....also ~ 16 mpg or so.....

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                                Sweet, made it home the long way without a hitch, except for the CHP on hwy 92 in Hayward............time for mud flaps.....plus he was a Heeper!

Still jazzed....also ~ 16 mpg or so.....
                                Are you serious!? That is ridiculous! I can't believe cops have nothing better to do.
                                Last edited by crawlin68; 06-15-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X