FFMDX's SLOW Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFMDX's SLOW Build

...any opinions on placement of the switch? Just curious what others are doing/have done....
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

I would choose a location that results in the shortest possible run of battery cable, and somewhere that its unlikely to be accidentally kicked or flipped by curious passengers.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

short runs are nice, but access for shut down is most important to me. Just amke sure to route the wires away from fuel lines if you can, away from a driveshaft that may let loose, and far enough away from exhaust to not melt.

Comment

Sean,

I am thinking Engine compartment for the switch... Just think how often are you really going to use it. And it keeps the batt cable runs short.
          The 68 Lubr had one, it was nice to shut both batteries down when it sat at the side of the house for weeks. (Remember to run an independent power lead to the stereo)
          Under the drvr seat looks good, but it is still a long run of cables back and forth adding resistance.
          Enjoy my two cents
          Last edited by 904Bronco; 10-02-2014, 08:17 AM.
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Just run 2/0 welding cable for your cables. You won't notice the resistance. Are you putting it in the negative?
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I'm with under hood mine is and it's not as easy to use all the time but works as a security aid but mine is key style .
              Last edited by pipelayer; 10-02-2014, 01:28 PM.

Comment

So just noticed its a switch not a cut off disregard everything I say if you can't combined them

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                  Just run 2/0 welding cable for your cables. You won't notice the resistance. Are you putting it in the negative?
                  I've got 1/0 welding cable.

It's actually a Marine Batt Switch (Batt 1/2/both/off) so it going to positive. I also have a couple other switched to "play" with, as Cole Herse "Off/On" and a black with red key type for the neg as well.
                  Last edited by FFMDX; 10-02-2014, 03:15 PM.
                  '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

i use mine as a selector, but also an emergency shut off, which to me, is the biggest reason for having one in an offroad rig.

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
                      i use mine as a selector, but also an emergency shut off, which to me, is the biggest reason for having one in an offroad rig.
                      Thats how I plan on using mine...

Comment

ALSO>>>

I'm trying to clean up my wiring while I'm doing this little project and was wondering if I could just cut out the "stock" wiring for the alt, regulator... I'm running a Centech harness and a one wire 3g alt and have had these extra wires tucked away "just in case".

Could I just cut and terminate these wires?

Comment

Working...
                        X