Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FFMDX's SLOW Build

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
    Sean, a buddy and I are talking about buying a few straight from the manufacturer if you want in on the deal
    I'm in too! Aaron did this, saved big coin on Rigid lite bars and the such. There is a min order though.
    68 Slightly modified
    67 LUBR once again
    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I may be in on a mass order. Keep me posted.... I could use a light bar for my big boat. The ocean gets dark on those early tuna trips..

Comment

• WH Output Shaft

So I'm getting ready to install my WH HD Output shaft and housing, any tips, tricks, watch outs before I proceed? The instructions are kinda light

Sean
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Sean, did you get a built unit or are you installing the HD shaft into a bare housing? If the latter, getting the shim spacing set for the proper preload was an exercise in patience for me. Just keep at it, I went through 3 different shim arrangements before it was correct.

If you are installing a built unit then it should pretty much be an unbolt, remove, replace operation.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Well CRAP.......SO I finally got off my arse and picked up two Die Hard Platinum batteries (34/78D), got them home, dropped one in and it no fit! The 34/78D is just over an inch longer than a red top Optima...........so.............I went and exchanged them for the 35 series (same batt but without the side posts) same footprint as the Optima but a little taller. They fit, however, with the height diff, it now hits the taper of the inner fender......Son of a B&tch!

Here are my options:

--Go get dual Red Tops (which I was getting away from)
            --Cut my inner fender taper (not excited about this due to the area is where most of the support is)
            --Move said batteries under the psg seat and go with it..(time is a luxury, no welder power in my new place.....

Rant off..............ideas?
            '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Make 'em fit at any cost... You already have them. But that could be fed up'edness for Optima's... I've had two go bad in the last 4 years. The original gel cell Optima's from the 1990's were badass!!! The new AGM optima's SUCK!!!
              SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I have welder power and you know where I live
                Last edited by plug ugly; 08-06-2014, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I have welder power and you know where I live
                  When are you around?

Comment

15 percent sale this weekend. Spend some of that bay area earned money.....
                    http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...g/ODDSNGL.html

turns out I am around sunday
                    Last edited by plug ugly; 08-09-2014, 11:05 AM.

Comment

15 percent sale this weekend. Spend some of that bay area earned money.....
                      http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...g/ODDSNGL.html

turns out I am around sunday
                      Wonder if they make them for the 35 series...Had to go that route due to the footprint of the tray in the current location. For now, I did the Whiskey Tango fix with a cut off blade. Now I've got clean up my wiring and reroute some things as well
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by FFMDX; 08-09-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

still want my help? Looks fine if they are secure.
                        Last edited by plug ugly; 08-09-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                          For now, I did the Whiskey Tango fix with a cut off blade.
                          As expected from a Truck guy!
                          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

That's sweet, and with the fender back on nobody will ever know. Now I really want to force my fender off; a couple of the bolts are stuck like no other.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

weld nuts on them. The heat helps brake things up IME.

Comment

• Batt Switch

Ok, so I finally made enough room in my garage to get my rig inside I started staring at it to get some kind of game plan for my elect. system. Ive got a nice marine batt switch (thanks for the recommendation Plug) and have two areas to put this thing. let me know what you think....under the driver seat would be convenient but will require a long/creative run of batt cable (3x 1/0 wire); 2nd area is next to the psg seat on the tunnel which would be the "easiest"/shortest but fully strapped in, it would be interesting to get to.....

Also, I'll be running 1/0 cable, can I run all three legs together tightly in the same loom? (1.5" heat resistant loom). is that gonna get too hot?......

Sean
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by FFMDX; 09-28-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X