FFMDX's SLOW Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now for the Questions

1: What are you guys using for your heater lines? I have the stock 'Stang/Exploder hard lines with two hoses and nipples coming off of them. I'm not running an EGR, so can I just connect the two?

2:In the pic of the intake, what is this sensor (EGR side) and do I need it? I don't see a corresponding connection on Ryan's harness...

3: I have a 3/8" spacer and don't seem to have enough clearance. What size spacer are you using?

4:Can someone please tell me where all of the line go and what port is what? Alson I have two lines (short and long) with rubber tips...what are they and where do they go?

As Always Thanks In Adavance!

PICS Below.

TIA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FFMDX; 05-23-2008, 08:36 AM.
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

WOW, I wish my underhood wiring was a 1/10 as clean as yours!
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
        WOW, I wish my underhood wiring was a 1/10 as clean as yours!
        Thanks! I may be a little AR, but not as much as some!!
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

I was walking my daughter in that park by your house last weekend as saw it peaking outta the garage. I will have to stop by next time.
          WT 4x4
          91' One Ton Bronco
          1971 Bronco
          9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
            I was walking my daughter in that park by your house last weekend as saw it peaking outta the garage. I will have to stop by next time.
            If the garage door is open, I'm usually home. Come on by!

Comment

Looks freak'n sweet !!!!

Glad to see it coming together. Now all you gotta do is get-r-donme before Aug 8th for the Nor Cal Bronco Run at the Con!!

See ya tomarrow, FM <><
              72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
              1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Looks good Sean! You're well on your way.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

UPDATE and PIX

Well it's been awhile, but I've made a little bit of progress over the last couple of days...MAN!, If it weren't for all of the little stuffI'd probably be trying to start this thing this weekend, but I guess patience is a virtue! I've completed the heater hose mods with the Mustang hard lines, finished plumbing and mounting the fuel system and coil ("cust". mount)Move the BCB throttle cable up ~ 2" and extended my go pedal, got the upper in and plumbed, finished the new cross member for my anti-wrap bar, but still waiting on parts as well as had my WH 4 core 3-pass rad modified for the 5.0 serp conversion........... AND NOW trying to figure out what direction I'm going to go with the rad. fan...Questions to follow

Here are a couple of pix for ya!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks good Sean! You've been busy.
                    So when is the target date for firing that beast up? I think mine may fire sometime around mid-July. I've been preoccupied with about a million other things lately. Even after it runs, I still have a long way to go.

You on the other hand... you're just about ready to wheel!
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Now for the Questions

For those of you running the Mustang serp set-up, what fan are you using?

I have already moved my rad mounts foward on the radiator support so the rad sits flush with the support now, but the rad support is still in the stock position. I am unable to cut and move the support due to the way my radiator was modified.

1: How much space should there between the fan and the rad?

2: For those of you running the same config, what size spacer did you use? and did you modify your rad support?

3: I'm REALLY considering going soley electric with a temp sender and cut off swithc, mainly for the space. Is there a prob with running just electric with EFI? Anyone out there running in this config?

\Crap, brain fart here, I'll be back with a few more questions I'm sure!!!

TIA
                      Sean

Comment

I have a fixed pitch fan from BC, the one they use on the baja truck. The fan should be about half way into the shroud. I had to use a 2" spacer to get there. I can send pic's when I get back from the ocean camping trip.
                        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I have a Flex Fan works well but I have been thing about this to rid some noise http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums...ad.php?t=81601

Brian
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Very nice Sean! You will sooooo happy when you get it running that you took your time now and did everything the right way. You motor looks great! I can't wait to see the ear to ear grin on your face when you start it up and drive it for the first time. Make your wife has the camera ready when you start it.

I don't have the Mustang set up, but for what it's worth, I am running the stock CV fixed fan with the stock clutch.

Comment

Update

Well, not a whole lot of progress, I lost a week of garage time when I was sent to Butte County.... but my antiwrap bar and crossmember are done, the "re-mod" of my lower rad mount is done, now to figure the whole fan thing outI just posted a new thread about the "fan thing" over in tech. As soon as I get my cooling dealt with, I just have to run the exhaust, 4 wires and it START UP TIME!!!!!!

It's till questionable if my rig is gonna make it to the 'Con un Aug thoug

Comment

Looks awesome Sean.

I run and have been running a single electric fan since I did my swap. I ran the SPAL for a while because it was shallow. If you can fit the Derale, that is a bit quieter. That is what I have now and it keeps me at 95 degrees.
                                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                                X