No announcement yet.

FFMDX's SLOW Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone run the electric fan out of the Crown Vic? There is one at work I can get that is from a cop car. Would only run on the high speed setting.
    Sorry for the hijack.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

If I remember right those fans are pretty deep and hard to adapt to an EB without major core support mods. I can't remember if Sean has done any of that to his rig.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

The only mods I did to my core support was moving the upper mounts to the grill side of the support and the lowers out as well so my rad sits "flush" with my core support. I t/t to Chuck at BCB yesterday and his ccw mech fan sits ~ 2" so I order that and a 1" spacer as a starting point. Fingers are crossed
        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

That's the fan and spacer that I have. Same serp set up as well. Should be fine. I had plenty of room and only moved my radiator forward to clear my steering box when I moved it forward.
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Some updated pix over in the Fan Ques. Thread in the Tech section. I'm finall at the point of fluid, batteries and "inspectio" for the loose wires/bolts...
            '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Sweet
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Your radiator relocation looks strangely familiar...
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Looks good!! How long till you can start it?
                  Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
                  I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

RJM Harness

For those of you running thr RJM (Ryan's) EFI harness. Is the one hot wire to the battery a constant for the computer? I'd like to put a kill switch in my rig, but don't want to mess-up any mojo with the constant on/off.....

As far as an update goes, I took ~ a month off of the EB, but will be gettin' back to it very soon....

Sean

Comment

Yes, and if you do that, the 'puter will have to go through its 'leaning curve' each time its used. Maybe a starter relay, fuel pump relay or coil interrupt switch. Or hell just pull a relay, thats what I do
                      Rick-
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                        Yes, and if you do that, the 'puter will have to go through its 'leaning curve' each time its used. Maybe a starter relay, fuel pump relay or coil interrupt switch. Or hell just pull a relay, thats what I do
                        Rick-
                        Thanks for letting me know Rick.
                        Marc D.
                        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

So the red 10 ga wire with the ring terminal that goes directly to the pos side of the batt. will not keep the 'puter from the kill switch?

Comment

It Runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little update......It's been SLOW goin', but a little here, a little there pays off after awhile. Today/tonight, I was finishing up all the wiring and connections and ended up getting to a point where there was nothing left to do , but try to fire her up....So, after priming both the oil and fuel pumps (comfirming pressure....a joy in itself) I turned the key.....All I got was a "click at the ign solenoid. It turns out (after a call to a buddy/ford mechanic), the SVA Power Products Thunder mini-starter has its' own ign solenoid. After by-passing the EB solenoid, I turn the key and she fired right up!!!!

Let me tell you, the only word I can describe the feeling is CHUBBY!!!!!! I think I'll need plastic surgery to wipe the smile off of my face!!!!! Open headers at 2100 hrs is music to my ears! (woke-up my daughter though)

I promise pics and hopefully a video with sound will be coming VERY soon, on my next day off.

Sean

PS: Props and a BIG thanks go out to Familyman, Delta, my buddy Marc, and the BOSS
                            Last edited by FFMDX; 09-03-2008, 09:04 PM.

Comment

SWEET!
                              It has been a long road Sean, glad you are near the end Dude...
                              2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                              1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                              2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Awesome! I'll bet that 347 sounds b!tchin with open headers...
                                So when will you take it for its maiden voyage?
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X