FFMDX's SLOW Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
    What "Cam Break-in" are you talking about? I had to let it idle to set the timing and adj the idle stop, nothing above 1500 rpm......all lasting 5-8 min or so.......Please learn me up
    You have a roller cam no break in period needed, if you had a flat tappet cam the typical break in period is about 20 minutes of of around 2,000 rpm and then a cool down.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Thanks Steve! Good to know!
      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Sorry Sean, I brain farted and forgot you had one of those fancy dancy roller thingymabob motors.... gett'n old sucks
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
          Sorry Sean, I brain farted and forgot you had one of those fancy dancy roller thingymabob motors.... gett'n old sucks
          No, you just wanted him to have another 20 minutes of "wood" and a silly ass smile that you cannot wipe off your face from listening to a fresh motor and open headers...
          Last edited by 904Bronco; 09-07-2008, 05:46 PM.
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Well said! No prob POPS!
            '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Sean, sounds AWESOME!!!
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Sounds great Sean! I still remember firing mine for the first time too. I can't to hear the report back after you drive it for the first time.

Comment

Drove It Tonite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been awhile since my last post, but it's been slow, but busy. Finally tied-up some small projects and then some, and well.....Took her out for a spin in the rain!!! 2.5 years seemed to go by fairly "fast". It was drizzling when I took off and was pouring ~ 5 min later, always interesting with no wipers...friggin' fuses Not too bad a first run, I need to adjust the clutch due to trouble getting it into 3rd and 4th as well as the throttle wanting to "go" when I let off.....Any Ideas??

Some of the "smaller" stuff I had recently completed are:
                  exhaust, lowered front bumps 2", anti-wrap bar, intake, dome lite, counter sink qtr guard bolts, poss. found and fixed coolant leak, wiring......

Still have a list to complete, BUT did I mention the I DROVE IT!!!??!!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by FFMDX; 11-03-2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

More anti-wrap and rad support mods.....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hey bro, thought I would see if you had posted up some pics. Looks nice Don't see why you were worried about the exhaust - couldn't be any higher, unless you want it as a heater
                      Anyway, looks great. Maybe when I get some time I can fix mine or beg some friends to help (busy??LOL)

FM <><
                      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Let me know, I'll drop my rig off......oh wait, YOU"RE asking for help, my bad!

Comment

Right on Sean!!! That is great news. I wish that I could've seen the ear to ear smile on your face during that drive. (It's probably still there now!) So what did you think of the power of the 347?

Comment

Looks great Sean. Congrats on driving your rig - that's got to feel good. I am hoping to experience that myself here in the next two weeks. You should cruise on by in it sometime to give me more motivation to finish.

So what's the story with that anti-wrap bar? Is that the Duff unit (guessing by the blue paint job) or is that a home-grown piece? It looks stout and a nice design.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Made it myself with the Ruff Stuff axel mount. Yeah it's blue only b/c my rad arms are JD blue and went with it...also everything that I've made minus the arms are blue.......

Right on Sean!!! That is great news. I wish that I could've seen the ear to ear smile on your face during that drive. (It's probably still there now!) So what did you think of the power of the 347?
                              Yeah it's got som pull, but it was pissin' rain and the last thing I wanted to do was TC on its' maiden voyage Had a hard time getting it into 3rd and 4th as well...

Comment

right on Sean!
                                WT 4x4
                                91' One Ton Bronco
                                1971 Bronco
                                9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Working...
                                X