Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
    Personal life is in the crapper... Motivation is difficult at this time. But I'm trying. It will be close.
    Bullsh$t dude. You are going!!!!

Don't make me drive up there and kick some motivation up your a$$!

Comment

Tony, I have alot of free time next week, what do you need help on? Hate to see you miss this trip, it won't be the same without you.
      Come-on everyone, a Brother needs our help, lets get him on the road to the Con.
      Last edited by ACE; 08-27-2009, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Hang in there Tony. I hav'nt worked much this year so call if you need help.
        sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

I can come by Wednesday or early Saturday for a while. Let me know if you will be there.
          Vacaville, Ca
          67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

I know your working on it, come on pic whore
            68 Slightly modified
            67 LUBR once again
            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Nothing to see here [vader voice] This is not the Bronco your looking for [vader voice off] Move along....
              Attached Files
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

wow, what a sweet build thread
                1970 bronco sport,built 351w,built c6 ,np205, 1tons,44's on H1's,ez wiring,tbrid EFI, 3link front & 4link rear.

Comment

Been a while since I've done anything with this build thread or my rig for that matter.

Here's the plan. Retrieve my rig from POP's place (Thx Jeff)
                  Cut the bearing cups off of my existing rear end , weld on D60 spindles and go full floater.

Narrow the D60 I have in my garage a bit and install using a set of Rubicon Express arms.

Then finally.... Paint

I'm thinking camo in blues and greys like some of the old Air Force jets.

Thoughts?
                  1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

What rear end do you have now?

Comment

Large bearing 9" with an ARB, Trussed to death.

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...&postcount=399
                      Last edited by blwngsket; 10-21-2010, 08:56 AM.
                      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

OT... your drivetrain and suspension ideas sound sweet. What do you have for front suspension now? Seems like you had some type of long arm setup already - and if so, why replace them? Rubicon Express does make some nice stuff though. As for narrowing the D60 front... be prepared to spend some $$. A buddy of mine has over $3K in his narrowed rear D60 in his FJ40 - and a rear axle is a lot simpler than a front. Keeping stock components (no custom shafts, etc) definitely saves some coin.

As for the paint idea - there really is no wrong answer, its a personal preference. I like the blue and gray idea, those colors work together. If it were me though I'd paint the body a solid color, or maybe a blue/gray two tone, and do accessories in that "urban camo" print... so like the bikini top, winch cover, soft doors (if you ever run them), etc.

Just my $.02...
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

NOOO paint it Orange

How about Digital camo. Old school camo is played out.
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I want more flex up front. Justin (SonicDonkey) has the Rub Ex arms and a 60 and his has incredible flex up front. My long arms with Ballistic joints are good, but not that good. Want to try and match the flex of the rear end.

Dean reed will shorten one side of a 60 for $150.00 and cut and re spline the shaft for $60.00. He can also re drill for 5 on 5.5 and makes 300m alloy shafts that can turn close to 55*. Not that I need that.

Gonna stay with the stock inner shafts and 35 spline stubs. Cryo everything and not worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                              NOOO paint it Orange

How about Digital camo. Old school camo is played out.
                              Isn't Orange played out as well........ Not to offend. Just sayin

Comment

Orange is played out... Next time around I'll do something more original
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X