Blwngsket Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Drivin it in a little bit. Have to paint and install the driver side bed rail protector and the fuel fill, the tach and..... I know I,m missin something..........
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Tony, curious about your sway bar links, do they hit the tub at full compression? From the pic it looks like the suspension is at droop yet the sway bar arm is still pretty close to the tub. As you saw on mine, the arms have a joggle bend outward and the "V" notch to lower the arm away from the tub. Maybe there is something I am missing in the pic.

Looks good though, now go drive it!

J
      1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Not at full droop but close. The arms tuck up into the wild horses extreme shock hoop cans so I wont need to cut and bend them. I'm sure I'll have to adjust them a bit. Wont know how much until I hit the loading dock around the back of the grocery store and flex it up a bit.
        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I knew I was missing something... couldnt see the fender cut outs in the pic.

J
          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Here's a pic with the rig under it's own weight. Not sure if the arms will hit at full compression. May have to cut and bend the arm a bit to make a mild bend. You can also see how the WH buckets helped with the amount of room for the arms. Couldn't have planned it better if I tried.
            Attached Files

Comment

This is the hole in the floor for when I lower the coil buckets about 3 inches to lower the rig. Nice thing about the Ballistic buckets is the ease of adjustment.
              Attached Files

Comment

And got the tach installed. Best 12 beers I ever spent
                Nothing like one of these after you almost pass out from the heat under your welding helmet. Deadlines suck
                Cold Beer KICKS A$$
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                  Here's a pic with the rig under it's own weight. Not sure if the arms will hit at full compression. May have to cut and bend the arm a bit to make a mild bend. You can also see how the WH buckets helped with the amount of room for the arms. Couldn't have planned it better if I tried.
                  are these staying on all the time? (do you disconnect when wheeling) If these are for street use only you shouldnt have to worry about full stuff. just wondering
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

These stay on. No quick disconnect. Look at the picks of Justin's rig flexed up on the ramp at my last BBQ. That was with the sway bar connected.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                      are these staying on all the time? (do you disconnect when wheeling) If these are for street use only you shouldnt have to worry about full stuff. just wondering
                      The Currie antirock is designed to be used all the time, no disconnecting needed. If you look at the pics of my Bronco on the ramp at Tonys house you will see that it didnt really limit any travel. It may have ramp flexed a bit more if I had disconnected it but in the practical range of travel it really wont hold you up.

J

Edit: thats too funny Tony, guess we were thinking the same thing.
                      Last edited by SonicDonkey; 06-29-2009, 05:27 PM. Reason: HAHA

Comment

Too funny...
                        how long till that cage is done? Might have to get a bunch of us together for a shake down at PC...

Comment

those dam feet again. im starting to wonder.......

so are the tennis balls acting like "bumpstops"?
                          {o===o}
                          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                          Originally posted by CityHick
                          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

It's about the Beer Dammit!! But thx for noticing Oh Rubi master.......
                            And yes, the tennis balls act like bump stops. If there are too many in the spring, you just puncture one with a knife until you get the right rate. Or so the plan goes.
                            Last edited by blwngsket; 06-29-2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Thats funny I never even noticed the tennis balls!

Comment

Just got back from about a 10 mile drive around town
                                Sway bar made a HUGE difference. Front still feels a bit funky. Could be I need to get used to hydro assist. No bump steer. Not even over speed bumps at 40 mph. 1900 rpm at 50+/- mph. Brakes straight with no hands on the wheel.
                                I'm thinkin part of the steering feel issue I'm having could be the rear end being a good bit higher than the front. May start the front bucket project tomorrow.
                                Good, Good Freakin Day

Comment

Working...
                                X