Comment

• Re: Blwngsket Project

Good pics T, now I see what you were talking about
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I think it is going to be worthless. If you need someone to take that to the recycler let me know.
        Looks good man.
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I'm curious to hear about how the swaybar works out. I managed to stiffen up my handling by adding dual shocks out back and reservoir shocks up front but the real test will come next week when I drive up to the mountains loaded with gear again. If it still wasn't enough with the better shocks, a sway bar may be on my short list.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

The good news is I found out that my rear tires at max stuff in the wheel wells have about 4 inches of room untill contact. I need to make room up front and lower the thing at least three inches. Time to modify the front inner fender wells.
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Cut'm out

Comment

Think I'm gonna extend them all the way to the forward support and move the front bodi mount to the frame and cut out the stock one. That should do it.
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                  I think it is going to be worthless. If you need someone to take that to the recycler let me know.
                  Looks good man.
                  Nice lookin out Marc. Can allways count on you bud.......

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                    Nice lookin out Marc. Can allways count on you bud.......
                    I'll hide mine in the garage so he cant get it either. Damn if I do that, I wont find it for a year
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Just finished welding up the sway bar. Went in very easy. Only had to re make one tab.
                      Pic's later.
                      Oh Yea. Just in case you didn't know, It's Freakin Hot Out There!!!

Comment

Man was it a hot day under the welding helmet today.
                        Cut the bed away over the coil buckets to allow the truck to be lowered. Moved the tabs for the lower links from the spring pedistals to the lower links and put some tennis balls in the springs. An old timer trick to help dampin the springs. Guessing game now as to how many I need. Easy enough to puncture them one at a time until I get it where I want it

Also picked up the tach from Karl. Thanks bud
                        Enjoy the beers
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good, you must be on a mission. To hot for me today.
                          sigpic70w/ 69/351w/GT40 lightning heads 435/203/D20 5.5/3in 44/arb 9in/detroit need some beadlocks

Comment

Interesting idea with the tennis balls. I have more problems dampening rebound than compression on my setup, but you gave me an idea about bump stops for the front, if I find that I need them... some kind of solid rubber balls inside my front coils might do that job well.

So now you're talking about lowering your rig? I can't keep up T. I do like that sway bar though... very nice.
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Nice install/pics, understand better, those balls look funny tho'
                              68 Slightly modified
                              67 LUBR once again
                              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by Broncrick View Post
                                Nice install/pics, understand better, those balls look funny tho'
                                Did you just tell him that his balls look funny? Too much information!

The sway bar looks great Tony! Have you driven it yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X